SOLD '96 Alembic Series II with custom electronics

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by s_wood, Mar 21, 2016.

1. s_wood

s_wood Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Delaware (USA)
    Price:
    $6500
    Strings:
    _MG_5255webedit.jpg

This is a beautiful 1996 Alembic Series II 5 string in like-new condition. The presentation-grade quilt maple top pleases the eye while the custom electronics allows for incredible control over the tone.

_MG_5265webedit.jpg

The bass was custom-built with a master volume and pan control (instead of a pickup selector switch). Like all Alembic Series II basses, this bass has a separate filter control and a continuously-variable "Q" control for each pickup. What makes this bass unique is that there are also individual bass and treble controls for each pickup!

_MG_5276webedit.jpg

The bass has gold-plated hardware that really looks great against the quilted maple top. There are red side LED position markers on the edge of the ebony fret board. Scale length is 34", neck width at the nut is 1 7/8" and string spacing at the bridge is 17.5 mm.

_MG_5267webedit.jpg

The bass is in like-new condition. The only imperfections that I can find are a couple of very light and small scratches in the polished control cover plates, and they are impossible to photograph.

My asking price is $6,500 (plus shipping), which is about 1/3 of the list price of a Series II bass today. Please note that the Alembic DS-5 power supply which can be used to power the active electronics is NOT included in this sale. The bass can be powered with two 9 volt batteries, too, but the LED's will not work without the power supply. The power supply can be purchased directly from Alembic if you want one.

No trades, thanks. I will happily consider international sales, but only if the buyer agrees to be responsible for all custom duties, fees, VAT, etc. Sorry, but I won't undervalue the bass for customs purposes or claim it to be a gift, either. That's a crime in the U.S.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions that you might have!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  2. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wow!

3. UpperBout

UpperBout

May 15, 2008
    Near Chicago Illinois USA
    Webmaster, Muckelroy Basses (GetAMuck.com)
    A beautiful and interesting bass. What does she weigh?

4. seriously..........wow........impressive.

5. EdwardofHuncote

EdwardofHuncote I Still Dream of Jeannie Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Folks, that tone circuit is purt-near limitless. It's Alembic's top-of-the-line Series II package plus their East-Meets-West options for each pickup.

Just. Plain. Sick. :drool: (in an extremely good way)

carsbybigd and Sleepwalker42 like this.
  6. NotTooBright

NotTooBright

Jun 4, 2013
    How much does this bass weigh?

7. jazzyvee

jazzyvee

Aug 11, 2012
    United Kingdom
    That looks a seriously powerful bass.

8. FC Bass

FC Bass Alembic and Mesa/Boogie junkie

Jun 9, 2006
    Holland
    OMG! That's about as ultimate as you can go with the electronics, and the btc Quilted Maple is quite ultimate also!

Is that the standard comfort taper?

We need a section where you can sell (your own) organs, this one sure is worth some (Imho) :)

9. s_wood

Mar 23, 2003
    Delaware (USA)
    Price Drop! Now $7,000 plus shipping (and any international sales fees as above).

10. s_wood

Mar 23, 2003
    Delaware (USA)
    Price Drop #2!!! Now $6,500 plus shipping (and any international sales fees as above).

11. greenduke

greenduke

Jan 21, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    Hum...That's $650.00 per control knob! The bass is free! LOL!

12. s_wood

Mar 23, 2003
    Delaware (USA)
    She's on evilBay...

13. michele

michele

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    Have a bump from a recently Alembic converted. That thing is nothing short than amazing...

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  14. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    Oooooo!!!

15. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Bumping for a fellow Alembic player. That thing is gorgeous!

16. s_wood

Mar 23, 2003
    Delaware (USA)
    Thanks y'all!

17. I would guess about 10-13 lbs. My series 1 weighs about 12lbs. so just a guess

18. s_wood

Mar 23, 2003
    Delaware (USA)
    Sold! Thanks!