1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

'96 Brubaker Custom - Stunning Flamed Maple Top!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jpbiggs, Jan 26, 2012.

1. jpbiggs

jpbiggs

Oct 22, 2009
    Davis, CA
    About two months ago, I didn't have a single 5-string, now I have four plus one more on it's way. Too many for me as I still consider myself more of a 4-string guy. Although I wish I could keep them all, it doesn't seem to make sense to me to have this many, so I'm putting a couple up for sale.

This one is a 1996 Brubaker custom with dual Basslines humbucking pick ups and 3-band active preamp. The neck has an amazing feel and is super fast. The profile is very thin top to bottom. The string spacing is 17.5 mm but it's easier so slap and pop than my other 5-string basses which have 19mm spacing (even with my stubby fingers). It has the signature neck-through/bolt construction that Kevin Brubaker is known for. The fretboard is made of wenge and I believe the neck and body is maple, but I'm not a woods expert. Certainly has a flame maple top. Also sports a nice 2-Tek bridge. The sound is thick, fat and punchy. Due to the pick up placement, it's somewhat reminescent of a P-bass but with more definition and growl. It's a players bass so it has dings and there particularly in the headstock but nothing you can really tell unless you are up close and pretty much what you would expect from a 16 year old bass that's been played.

I'm going to ask $1600 which on the lower end of what I've seen used Brubaker's of this quality go for.

I'm also putting up an Elrick New Jazz Standard 5 and if that sells first I might keep this one. Feel free to ask any questions and I might consider interesting trades particularly if they include some cash.

Attached Files:

2. jpbiggs

jpbiggs

Oct 22, 2009
    Davis, CA
    Couple more pics. The head stock pics shows some of the dings I mentioned

Attached Files:

3. jpbiggs

jpbiggs

Oct 22, 2009
    Davis, CA
    Trade in the works