1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

96 Godin Acoustibass near mint FS or FT get your piezo on!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 4Mal, Jan 4, 2012.

1. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    96 Oly white with cream binding. 1 ding, see pics.

This is the model with the harp built into the body. The harp resonates in sympathy with the top and creates an amazingly complex and woody tone. LR Baggs piezo system with Vol, Treble, Middle, Bass. New LaBella Tapewounds.

Low and light action. Super easy player and very, very toneful. Godin hit it out of the park with these basses and lost their shirt on them too. They blow the A series basses out of the water tonally and play just as well... this one has a J neck profile.

I have a pair, I'm keeping the one with a P neck profile.

Will be shipped in the Original form fit Tolex case with Truss tool and key in the pocket.
    Simply an amazing bass by far the best thing available on the poor man's side of a Rob Allen when it comes to piezo basses. Tonally - it will go toe to toe with an RA fretted... it's just not as pretty - then again not much is (sigh)...

WEIGHT - 6 lbs bath scale method!

$700 plus freight at actual.

Trade Bait
    Plekked Lakland basses for the most part. 44-01, 44-02, 55-01, 55-02 would be most interesting.

After that it's Music Man or G&L.

For the right bass, I'll infuse significant cash...

Cash up / down depending on the deal.

... and there ya go-go!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Pm returned