1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD '96 Warwick Corvette Proline

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ODDBALL, Jul 17, 2016.

1. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Inactive Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Price:
    $755
    Strings:
    Hello All,

Up for sale is my Active/Passive '96 Warwick Corvette 5 with all Wenge neck, Brass Nut and Bubinga Body. This bass is in great condition, very clean. Has a super small very light scratch on the back of body to light to photograph. Also has a very small ding on the backside of the top of the headstock. Again these are very, very small. Other than that a great bass that sounds fantastic with plenty of punch and growl. It's not lacking the Warwick growl.

The action is nice and low with a new set of Warwick Red Labels. I will ship it in a hard shell case. The case is functional but is a little beat up.

An awesome bass for a great price. You will not be disappointed. 100% German.

More pictures upon request.

Crazy Low Price $755 Plus Shipping. Was $875. This is a temporary price drop. Grab it while you can. Somebody is going to get a great bass.

Thanks

Shaun

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    songwriter21, Inter-Bass and kkaarrll like this.
  2. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Wow!!!

ODDBALL likes this.
  3. ubernator

ubernator

Oct 30, 2004
    lost angels
    Bubinga and chrome is corvette standard rather than pro line, which usually has gold hardware and a lighter body, flame maple usually.

4. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    The originals in '96 were these for a short run before they made the change. I have checked this out on The Warwick web site with many of the elders of Warwick. LoL

I thought the same to before I was schooled by them.

Shaun

5. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Thanks for the knowledge. I do appreciate it. Since there really isn't much information to go on between the lines. It's still a '96 Warwick Corvette with all Wenge neck that is in fantastic shape and sounds excellent weather it be or not be a Proline. The truss rod cover does indicate it.

Either way I do not want to give false information and I appreciate the info.

Thanks

Shaun

6. ubernator

ubernator

Oct 30, 2004
    lost angels
    I guess since 1995 was when the standard came out, 1996 could be a transition time. And can't always take Wikipedia as gospel, they say 1995 is when the change was made. Pro lines from 1992-1994 were likely not bubinga, and most that I have seen have been flame maple, basically like a streamer LX in corvette configuration.

Not much distinction between a chrome/bubinga pro line and a standard.

I started paying attention in about 1998 anyway.

7. ubernator

ubernator

Oct 30, 2004
    lost angels
    Ah, you got me before I had decided to reel my response back.

8. ubernator

ubernator

Oct 30, 2004
    lost angels
    Who knows, could have just been surplus truss rod covers in a transitional period, kind of like what sometimes happened with fender neck plates and often with g&l.

One of mine just has a "Warwick" cover.

The biggest point about your bass is the all wenge neck, which is a distinction from the ovangkol necks of later models. And the internal strap buttons. 1999 or 2000 is when they changed that on most bolt ons. The ovangkol necks are chunkier, and the frets are thicker too.

9. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    LoL, true it's still a great bass. I would keep this bass in a heart beat but it's just to much on my back.

Shaun

10. ubernator

ubernator

Oct 30, 2004
    lost angels
    I can't think of a heavier bass. Bubinga must be related to lead. It does have a very bright tone that cuts through.

The day I got my first FNA, a friend got the standard fretless, same shape, but man the weight difference was profound.

If someone likes the bubinga thumb, but can't afford one, these are a worthy substitute.

ODDBALL likes this.
  11. ubernator

ubernator

Oct 30, 2004
    lost angels
    Brass nut, nice! One of my just a nut IIs is busted and held up by a piece of Popsicle stick. Someday I might get a new one, perhaps I will spring for brass. I had a chance to get a composite one on ebay for like $20, but waited and it sold out. I think they are at least $40, and probably the better part of a bill for brass. That probably helps yours cut through that much more.

12. My 1994 Fortress is listed and shown with the brass JAN I. I also have the JAN II and when I change strings the new ones sound better with the JAN II for several months. Then I go back to the JAN I brass and it sounds good again. This is a nice bass. Good Luck.

ODDBALL likes this.
  13. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Great bass.... Great guy!

ODDBALL likes this.
  14. BAGheera

BAGheera

Jul 28, 2016
    DTX
    second time posting here:)
    pm sent

15. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    PM Replied.

Thanks

Shaun

16. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Sold

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021