1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

97 fender deluxe american jazz (suhr pickups) value?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eyeballkid, Nov 18, 2010.

1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2009
    so locally I have a fellow that is offering me a trade and hes offering a mint 1997 fender deluxe american jazz bass. Its the one with the Suhr active pickups in it. Its string thru and all original with a case..

any idea what this is worth now?... I used to have one and sold it for kinda cheap, but Im thinking its worth around $750..
    sorry i dont have a pic of it...
    thanks guys.

2. 750 sounds pretty decent if it's in minty shape, wouldn't be surprised to see a little more than that. I have heard those Suhr pickups were the cats ass too, though I have never owned a J with them installed.

3. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2009
    anyone else?.. most of the 'sold' ones on TB dont have the price still listed.. there was one for $699 which I thought was low for an American Deluxe but.....

4. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Color has to do with value as well. Silver or light metalllic blue doesn't sell as well as say a burst or blonde.

5. +1 on the finish dictating price.

Burst is always tops.

$700 - $800 range is what I have seen, and I am looking to BUY/SELL/TRADE Fenders pretty regularly.

But you already knew that.

If it's a Maple Board and you get bored with it, give me first shot!!:bassist:

6. Ok, wait...

In following up on my "burst" comment...wasn't 1997 when they were doing the CrimsonBurst and the BlueBurst finishes?

The SUHR's sounded great, but those (2) finishes were hard to move second hand.

I had BlueBurst!