1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD '97 Fender Jazz Bass...Noel Redding signed

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 1bender, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1bender

1bender

Aug 19, 2008
    This is a '97 CIJ Fender Noel Redding Jazz Bass LE. It was designed to be a copy of his '65 bass with his specs., it's signed and numbered. It really is a beauty and in primo shape void of any cosmetic issues. It plays perfectly (to me) with action very close all the way up the neck. It has an Alder body, smooth/glossy Maple neck w/Rosewood fretboard, white dot markers, 21 vintage size frets, Limited Edition neck plate, reverse tuners, 2 volume, 1 tone, top load bridge, strap button also on back of headstock. The 3 ply tortoise pickguard has an actual signature from Noel Redding as opposed to the reproduction on the peghead. 34" scale, 1-9/16" nut, 9-1/4 lbs. and is nicely balanced. Case in pics not included but I'll include a gig bag....I pack very well.

Asking $850 with shipping included within the mainland USA only. I do accept Paypal to a Confirmed Address only but prefer a Postal M.O. so I don't get hammered with the PayPal fee.....your call though.

I may consider partial trades for upper end booteek type guitar pickups, 30 watt-ish tube combo amps, Gibson Les Paul, P90 guitars, G&L ASAT Tele(no Tributes) in trade. Not looking for bass items for trade as I play guitar.

Check fatcatstudio on ebay for references....I have more on other forums too.

send a pm or I'm at.... gitrboy /at/ comcast /dot/ net

Here's pics...pic. #3 has a reflection of my ceiling fan on it....just specs of dust in pic. # 4.

Noel1.

Noel2.

Noel3.

Noel4.

Noel7.

bassweigh1.

bassweigh2.

2. Randy W Lopez

Randy W Lopez Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Dearborn Heights, MI
    Endorsing Artist-MESA BOOGIE
    For those of you that aren't aware, Noel Redding (Jimi Hendrix Experiance bassist) passed a few years back. These bass's are only going to go up in price as a collector piece.
    Just my FYI

3. Bassguy1

Bassguy1

Feb 10, 2006
    U.S. - Midwest
    PM sent

4. 1bender

1bender

Aug 19, 2008

pm replied too...

5. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    You have a PM...

6. 1bender

1bender

Aug 19, 2008
    SOLD...congrats Jack! As per your request, it shipped 10-06-08...eta is 10-10-08 Check your email for tracking info.

7. slowhandluke

slowhandluke

Oct 27, 2009
    I would like to buy it at 850

8. fuzz_factor

fuzz_factor

Aug 6, 2008
    PDX
    Looks like you're a little bit too late...

9. vlad335

vlad335 Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
    This is getting really annoying and a great case for threads to be locked by mods if the OP doesn't bother to do it!

10. fuzz_factor

fuzz_factor

Aug 6, 2008
    PDX
    Not more annoying than the guy who 'Giben' bumps just about every For Sale bass thread. :cool:

11. vlad335

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
    I don't know... At least in those cases the basses are still for sale. Sucks to see something listed that is real interesting only to find out its long gone. :scowl:

12. Britbonic

Britbonic Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    OK, I'll bite. What's a 'giben' bump?

Personally, but I find all the superfluous bumps in For Sale annoying eg.

I would so buy that bass if
    - I had the money
    - If I didn't already have one just like it
    - If I didn't just buy one just like it

Sweet bass dude! Wish I had one!

I can't believe (based on price, brand, rareness, etc) this bass is still here!

Willing to trade but only for the follow (list)
    -Will you take (something not on list, often not even close)

I'm OK with "Used to have that bass, so bummed I sold it" or "TBer Joe Blow is a good guy to deal with" but most questions should be about the instrument - weight, condition, parts, etc. or to help verify/dispute claims of authenticity or even curiosity about an unusual piece.

Not to be cranky, but it wastes a lot of time having to sort thru for sale listings when there's no new info in the thread.

Of course I realized I just bumped this thread by responding but guessing I'm not alone in this.

13. Randy W Lopez

Randy W Lopez Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Dearborn Heights, MI
    Endorsing Artist-MESA BOOGIE
    Or keeping a thread open after a piece is sold so you have the required link to leave feedback. Whats with that one.
    Oh yeah, another bump for a sold item.

14. vlad335

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
    Oops. Meant to say locked instead of closed or deleted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.