1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available '97 Lakland 55-94 Surf Green

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by NailDriver, Mar 4, 2016.

1. NailDriver

NailDriver

Dec 27, 2008
    WI
    Price:
    Strings:
    Alder body, Rosewood neck. Super comfortable and low action.

Bartolini pickups and Bartolini Pre-amp from those early Lakland years. Fit/Finish is top-notch.

Color is “Surf Green” Pictures don’t do it justice.

Currently strung with DR Black Beauties

Comes with Lakland cream hard-case in very good condition.

Some minor wear, but the bass is in overall very-good to excellent condition for its age.

Weight is 8 pounds and change. Don't have a digital bathroom scale to weigh it.

Reason for selling: Owner is downsizing in preparation for semi-retirement and relocating residence. This is an extremely well cared for bass with no issues.

No trades considered at this time; thank you for looking. Now $1950 shipped!

Paypal, CONUS. Lak1.jpg Lak2.jpg Lak3.jpg Lak4.jpg Lak5.jpg Lak6.jpg Lak7.jpg Lak8.jpg Lak9.jpg

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Preventer and Fred312b like this.
  2. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NY
    WHOA!!!

3. Beauty!

4. Those are amazing basses, so versatile and super comfortable necks. Bump for LAKLAND Love. :woot:

Preventer likes this.
  5. Hidesert

Hidesert

Oct 7, 2011
    Santa Fe
    Nice bass!
    Is that actually Seafoam Green or is it Teal Green Metallic?

6. NailDriver

NailDriver

Dec 27, 2008
    WI
    I had it as surf green. Teal green metallic, sure! Want to buy it?

7. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Ok... Where are you in Wisconsin?

This thing is super hot..

8. Bass is in Eau Claire, WI

The listing seller is helping me sell this. It is my bass purchased here on TB years ago. I am on the road so much I don't have time to watch an add here on TB. In fact this is the first time I've logged in many many months. If you know John J. from Gecko he knows me and will vouch for my character. This bass simply needs a new home. My wife and are downsizing "extras" as we are planning to relocate in a smaller home on a lake up North. My touring days are likely over so the extra gear is going and this is one of the last pieces as I have not been able to bring myself to put it up for sale. Thus my vintage Fender and a custom made 5 string are what I'm keeping. I never thought I would sell this particular LAK as it is my favorite of 4 US models I've owned and two Skylines. It darn near plays itself.

9. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Mark

Thanks for posting!

John ( Gecko) is a good friend of mine.

This is a great looker and I would fathom excellent sounding bass!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021