Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD '97 USA Fender Deluxe Jazz lined fretless with OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mrpackerguy, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    TRADE CONSUMATED Asking $700 shipped continental USA. I just picked up a couple new basses so this is expendable. A USA Fender Jazz Deluxe lined fretless in 9.7/10 condition. I got this in trade about a year ago. Gorgeous 3 tone burst, rosewood fretboard with 2 pickguards, the original white, and a Nino Valenti-made vintage brown tort.

This is the Deluxe version with the extra mid control. Controls are vol/blend/stacked trble/bass last control is the mid. Bridge and pup ashtrays added and are included. Set up for moderate low action. Lots of mwah and easy to play. Original moulded HSC included.

This is a nice one. Was my first foray into fretless and I've finally come out of the closet that I'm just not a Jazz bass guy...ditto on the fretless. Bet hey, it was fun while it lasted. Jazz trio thing we had hoped to do more of never materialized and the Jazz bass just sits there loved, but not played.

Minor flaws include a small cymbal ding on the headstock (only played this out twice myself, but caught a cymbal), and some hairline finish scratches on the front and back which are only noticeable if you are 4 inches from the bass, inspecting it closely.

I'd like a little less than the value of the bass I traded it for, so $700 shipped cont US only. Probably don't have to tell you these go for $1250 new (but I will anyway).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    More pics here

2. bass_boy

bass_boy

Nov 11, 2005
    beautiful...

3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    What year is that? Pretty....

4. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    it's a '97. One of the more stunning sunburst finishes I've seen.

5. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Couple people have asked and I'm sorry, but no shipping outside the USA.

6. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    bump for lower price

7. hahah, I like the holloween wrapping paper backdrop

I'm probably not going to be in the market for another bass until I'm home from school in a couple months, but this is a great deal, and bass.

In the unlikely chance that it doesn't sell or you decide to hang on to it for a while longer, I would have definite interest a little later on.

8. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    bump

9. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Isn't that higher?

10. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin