1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

97 Warwick Fortress...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tim Harrison, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Tim Harrison

Tim Harrison

Apr 8, 2006
    hey all,

how much d'ya think this bass is worth? I know it looks a bit nasty but according to the guy selling it, it plays and sounds as if it were new.

e57e_0.gif

ef7d_1.gif

fa1f_0.gif

dbca_0.gif

0f48_0.gif

d214_0.gif

c6ac_1.gif

he said he'll take 200 (UK pounds) which i think is about 400 dollars.

whaddya think?

2. SurrenderMonkey

SurrenderMonkey

Aug 18, 2006
    Liverpool
    what can you get for 200 pounds in the uk these days... I got my K5 for £220, and I considered that a good deal.

So, that and a case, or a rockbass! That's if it's working great. No point if you get a dud. I would never care much about dings and scratches on a 10 year old instrument.

Can't see the neck wood, but it looks peculiar.

3. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

I bought a 1997 Fortress last year for about $700USD but it was mint.

That is a great deal unless it is in real rough shape.

4. Tim Harrison

Tim Harrison

Apr 8, 2006
    here's some better pics,

fa1f_1.jpg

e57e_1.jpg

dbca_1.jpg

d214_1.jpg

0f48_1.jpg

5. Tim Harrison

Tim Harrison

Apr 8, 2006
    *bump*

6. idoru

idoru

Dec 18, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    There's a general view that Warwicks made before 97/98 are of a higher quality than those made after. For that price I'd buy it regardless. If the finish bugs you, you could always strip it back and oil it up.

7. SurrenderMonkey

SurrenderMonkey

Aug 18, 2006
    Liverpool
    I'd hit it. JAN 1, wenge / maple (I think), recess straplocks, neck looks in good condition, so are the frets. Hardware is a bit worned out, body paint is dinged, no big deal.

As I say, for £200, you can't get much better. It looks dinged, but I wouldn't be afraid of a refinish if I wanted to.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 9, 2021