Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

'98 Fender RBV FS/T

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jobu3, Dec 27, 2003.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Just putting out some feelers for now... Willing to trade my Roscoe Beck V for a somewhat higher-end active 5 (don't offer me any 4's for trade please) or for sale for $800.00 shipped (paypal fees incl.) UPS Ground to the 48 states. Some dings and scratches here and there because it is a real player (It was my main bass for almost a year: see pix that have been posted) but nothing to affect the overall playability of the bass. It's on the right and nothing else is for sale in the pic, I don't even own half the stuff anymore. ;) PM or post questions and offers. Thanks!
    :bassist:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=1191981

2. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I prefer a 35" scale. ;) :D

3. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Close up of the front:

:)

4. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Headstock: There is a small ding at the tip of the headstock but I couldn't get it to show up in the pictures... :( It is not deep or spreading. It was there when I bought it.

5. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
  6. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Ding at the 7th fret: Larger than a side dot, but smaller than the round inlays on the front. Not very deep, but you can feel it slightly. Also there when I bought it.

7. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Some checking in the finish at the bottom of the bass: Some was there when I bought it, some wasn't... The spots around the strap button are new (that is where I wrapped my cable through).

8. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Don't let a few scuffs and scratches and dings deter you!!! The flaws in this bass are purely cosmetic. It plays incredibly and sounds fantastic. It really does have basically every vintage jazz bass sound in it and it is a very versatile bass. I think it is the best sounding passive 5 out there! The neck is very meaty, so it may not be for those of you who dig the thin ibanez or regular jazz necks. Features: 34" scale graphite reinforced maple neck with pao ferro board, alder body with three tone sunburst, coil tap, series swithches, 3-way p-up selector, thru-body or standard bridge stringing. Also includes the classic yellow tweed/orange inner plush OHSC (Kind of beat up but closes and all the latches work), Fender strap locks, and a collapsable Fender stand. I really do love the tone of this bass, but since I have been able to get a more hi-fi rig I have found that I am getting more into the realm of active basses... This has more or less been sitting since I got my SKB-3006 and I want something to match it in a 35" scale for when I have to play and sing (it's just easier for me if the scales match). :) :cool:
    :bassist:

9. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    EDIT: SOLD: $825. :cool: