Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD '98 MIA Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MJ5150, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I think it may be time to let my Jazz find a new home. This is the first Jazz I ever owned, and it is nice. Real nice.

It has a J-Retro, and Nordstrand NJ4SE pickups in it. Brand new TI Superalloy strings as well. Complete setup by Mike Lull himself, who also put on the strings and set the intonation. It will include the original Fender brand molded HSC. I also have a black pearloid pickguard, and a white pearloid pickguard. The white one will take some modifications to get it to fit.

The bass is in perfect condition. There is one small blemish on the back of the neck. It came from Fender this way. Kind of a bleached out spot in the maple. You can not feel it when you rub your finger over it, but it is there.

Pics are here: '98 MIA Jazz. Yours for $775 shipped. I'll entertain trade offers on other basses, amps, or cabs.

-Mike

2. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    are those concentric pots on it? and is it active?

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Sorry, I do not know what concentric pots are. The pots are whatever comes with a J-Retro.

With the flick of a tiny switch, you can go between active and passive. I am told by those far more knowledgable than myself, that even in passive mode, the J-Retro does add a little to the tone. If you want a truly passive Jazz, this is not for you.

-Mike

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Discount if I don't have to ship.

Off to bed I go. See y'all Monday!

-Mike

5. concentric pots are stacked pots, and it's got'em. Nice bass looking bass, good luck with the sale.

6. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

Inca Silver Jazz Bass ...w/ J-Retro .

bump for a killer bass
    { ... i've got one just like yours ... }
    :D

7. Marc H.

Marc H. Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Bucks County, PA
    PM Sent...

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Cool bass dude, but I've never played a Rumblefish, so I'll have to pass.

Marc....reply sent to your PM.

-Mike

9. You have an email

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    It looks like a couple deals I had brewing have fizzled out. :(

I'm thinking about picking up a Focus SA. Anyone have a nice preamp they would be willing to swap me for the Jazz? Avalon, True Voice, etc? Maybe even something like the Sadowsky pedal and cash?

-Mike

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    In response to a couple PM's I have received, the weight of this Jazz is 9.5 pounds. I don't really know what is considered light and heavy. I'm a big man, so this bass is like nothing in my hands.

I took this bass out of the case for the first time in over six months to weigh it. I decided to go ahead and play it for a minute to see if it still works. YEP! She works fine. Here is another pic, with a different p/g.

-Mike

Attached Files:

12. 5bassman

5bassman Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Kennesaw,GA
    pm sent

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Reply to you sir.

-Mike

14. Rumblee

Rumblee

Jan 18, 2005
    Thank you Mike! This thing is awesome!

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Very cool, I am glad you are digging it. Treat it well my friend. You're a good guy, and I'm glad to know it went to you. If you have any problems, make sure and let me know. This Jazz is one of the good ones, and I will surely miss it. Now, I'm off to find something to replace it!! :ninja:

With that....another Jazz changes hands in the TB family.

-Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.