Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

98 warwick thumb 6 bolt-on for trade, pos sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by grooveboy, Dec 8, 2003.

1. grooveboy

grooveboy

Dec 8, 2003
    canton, ohio
    Hey everyone, i've got a clean 98 thumb six bolt-on that I'm looking to trade out of. Basslines pickups, mec pre, the original brass adjust-a-nut and wenge neck. The bass sounds great, I just used it to record my bands cd, but I'm looking for something with a little wider string spacing. I'd prefer to trade for another higher-end 6 string, but will consider any reasonable cash offers. Pics will be posted shortly.

2. hanales

hanales

Jul 12, 2003
    Youngstown, OH
    How do the basslines sound in comparison to the MEC's?

3. grooveboy

grooveboy

Dec 8, 2003
    canton, ohio
    From what i gather, from reading other posts. (I've never played an mec equipped thumb 6, just 5's, and they have j-style, not soapbars). The duncans are a nice compromise, warming up the top end but still keeping the mid range growl, and they have a ton of bottom.

4. hanales

hanales

Jul 12, 2003
    Youngstown, OH
    2 more questions.

Where are you located, and are you looking for any other trades?

5. grooveboy

grooveboy

Dec 8, 2003
    canton, ohio
    I'm in Canton, Ohio..little dinky place bout an hour south of cleveland. If you're a football fan you'll have heard of it. As far as other trades, what did you have in mind?