99 American Standard P Bass Inca Silver

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by manoverboard_21, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Last year of production in this model with rare inca silver color.Rosewood board feels amazing and Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder cranks serious tone.Sounds very simliar to a Mark Hoppus bass.This is the model he used on Enema of the State.Inca silver p Bass with Quarter Pounder.Mint condition.Trade plus cash for Sting Ray or Sterling or make me best offer. Needs to go!!!!!

Basslines Quarter Pounder for Jazz-Make best offer...
    Basslines Quarter Pounder for P
    Christmas is coming!!!! any reasonable offer considered!!!
    Thanks guys... P.S. Pics I can get....

$550 takes it!!!!! Just setup!!!!
  2. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Inca silver isn't really my color, but I am curious to know how much you would like to get for this bass. I don't have a Stingray to trade, but I do have cash.
  3. I was looking to get $600 but first $550 offer takes it!!
  4. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Do you still have the bass?
    Are you willing to ship the P-bass to Sweden (Europe)?
    Any pics? Mail me or answer here! :bassist:
  5. not out of the us..... thanx.....
  6. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    May I just ask why so many wont ship outside the US? As long as you get payed I cant see the trouble. Just an honest question. :confused:
  7. Some poeple don't want to go through the trouble, is the only reason I can see. It costs you around $200 USD for us to ship a bass overseas. Then customs ect...
    If your interested, I have this p-bass that I'll ship overseas, no problem. Little better tone, and I'll even put Seymour Duncan QP in it for you. Same price. Plus shipping. email xhawk4@hotmail.com
  8. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thanks for the offer but I was looking for a Inca silver P-bass. :)
  9. i'll ship overseas as soon as i understand how to properly and as long asa you are willing to pay extra for shipping.....
  10. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    OK, I'll just butt in here, and say that I was over at Fedex this morning shipping a bass, and I asked the Fedex guy how much it would cost to ship it to Sweden. He said around $125. Your P is probably heavier than the bass I shipped, so it might cost a bit more, but you're also on the East Coast, and I'm on the West, so you're 3000 miles closer to Sweden than I am, so maybe it wouldn't be too bad.

I sent a Bartolini 8SU to Argentina, and the only thing I had to do was pay. I think it would be the same with this, the buyer would have to worry about customs, etc. on his end, you would just pay the shipper.

If you really want to sell it, I'd just get the shipping price from a local shipper and ask jock if he wants to pay that much. Or you can get a pretty close estimate online if you know jock's postal code.

Hope this helps.

If I had enough GAS money laying around, I'd buy it myself. Inca Silver is cool.
  11. I've shipped a bass to Australia from North Carolina (east coast USA, for those not familiar) so I'll offer a few tips:

I put the bass (a '95 trans white Stingray) in its case, packed it well, and shipped via FedEx Expedited Worldwide at a cost of some $350US. For the bass's protection, I pretty much required the buyer to accept my shipment this way which was good, as the case arrived with a major dent in it but the bass itself was unscathed.

However, I could have saved the buyer about $150-200 if I had not shipped the bass within the case, but parted it out into neck and body and packed into two separate boxes taped together. No telling if the same dent would have happened, but that's the risk you take. It took about 2 weeks for the package to arrive and the buyer to deal with all of the customs hassle.

Paperwork on this end was minimal - I simply had to sign a statement that nothing dangerous or in violation of US export policy was in the package. Customs is the BUYER's responsibility and in this case cost the poor guy another 10 percent in customs duties and "value added tax". In the end, a bass that I was selling for $825 ended up costing the buyer around $1350!!! Needless to say, he was a MM enthusiast who really wanted this bass!

One last comment - this was a package shipped to Australia, not Sweden. Each country has its own import and customs rules and regulations so I can't vouch that shipping elsewhere would be just as easy.

Too bad that bass doesn't have a maple fretboard - I'd save you the hassle of shipping overseas! :D

Good luck!
  12. it looks sweeter than the maple neck... make an offer.. trade?
  13. OKay guys... Bass has just been upgraded with a white pearl pickguard and Basslines Quarter Pounder.Original pickguard and piuckup will be included as well.... $660 or best offer... Trade for Music Man Sterling Stingray 4 or Stingray 5.... NEED A MUSIC MAN!!!!