1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

'99-MIM Surf Green Strat trade for equally nice Telecaster

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by P. Aaron, Apr 16, 2010.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Yup, just what the title says. I bought this new off the rack at GC in November of '99.

It's a Surf Green '57 Classic Stratocaster. All original, pickups were dipped (helped a bit), frets were leveled (helped alot!). V-Neck , wang bar, VERY CLEAN! With Hardshell case & the books I received with it. Maple neck, probably alder or basswood body(?). Sounds nice, decent vibe, the finish: impeccable, one mini-scuff that'll take you a few minutes to find.

Willing to consider a trade for equally clean Telecaster, same pedigree is fine. I have to like the looks, color, condition, that kind 'o' stuff. Every guitar/bass I own has all the docs. That's how I roll. So what I'm lookin' for in this trade is something equal to this. Resale ain't much on these, but a trade is at least value for value. Yes, there is a hardshell case included.

Enjoy the pics.

99-MIM-Strat-01.

99-MIM-Strat-02.

99-MIM-Strat-03.

99-MIM-Strat-04.

99-MIM-Strat-05.

99-MIM-Strat-06.
    Of course the strings didn't line up with the holes on the back plate. Yes, I'll replace it with new so the new owner can cut the same block out to change strings. That's duct tape hangin' out there to dampen the spring vibe.

99-MIM-Strat-07.

99-MIM-Strat-08.

99-MIM-Strat-09.

I'll admit...up front. I like the guitar, but funds are tight and I will be picky. I'd rather keep it and keep adding gear. But I'll pull the trigger if the trade is compelling. This guitar is like new, it's just 11 years old. Yes, it has been played.
    Lemme know if interested, or w/questions.

Thanks for lookin'.