Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

'99 US Fender Jazz Bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by thwackless, May 13, 2004.

1. thwackless

thwackless

Nov 24, 2003
    Smithfield, RI
    A few holes from moving the strap buttons around, strap-jig installed at the neck-body joint. This allows the bass to be pulled up into a fairly 'upright' position, I've found it relieves stress on the left wrist. Made it out of some new door-latch hardware, pretty unobtrusive.
    3-color burst, tortoise pickguard, rosewood. Two obvious dings at the rounded edge at bottom of body. Bass has a good finsh on it otherwise. All stock stuff, Fender after-market pickguard, stock pickups replaced EMG VJ's. Sound much better! (Pardon my editorial, EMG fans).
    I'm trying to get a bass with narrower string-spacing, and must sell my Fender to do it. Bass sounds great, deep punchy growl... and goes nicely to tape. Good player, will need fret levelling or crowning in a year or so, depending on your playing habit.
    Looking for $500... pix available on request.
    Thanks for your time,
    Rog. (401)349-4456 Rhode Island

2. flury

flury

May 21, 2004
    Could I get pics?
    timie74@yahoo.com if you need to email them.

Did you move both strap pins? Is the change in location a big difference?

Im very interested. Could you ship cod?