Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

'99 US Fender Jazz fer sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by thwackless, Dec 10, 2003.

1. thwackless

thwackless

Nov 24, 2003
    Smithfield, RI
    I'm selling to help finance a small computer-based recording set-up, otherwise this'd never happen. I've been, however, trying to trade it for a nice med-scale bass, if you've seen my threads around. Anyway:

3-color burst;
    Rosewood 'board;
    US Standard 4-string;

Has a strap-jig I put together for the purpose of holding the bass in a more upright (vertical)position, to ease up on an injury in my left arm. Can easily be restored to original strap-button's position, though it'll leave some holes. Also has a couple good little dings.

It's still a pretty good-looking bass, suitable for weddings and country-club Fox-Trot serenades. A sweet player, feels and sounds very good; nice round 'thump', good detail. A funkster if you're of the older school, I've been using it in a reggae band. All stock electronics, after-market pickguard has been installed (I have the original tortoise-shell- this too can be yours!). The body had to be re-drilled for the new pickguard (which was in fact a Fender!), so there are aesthetic considerations visible and hidden. I'm asking for $500, but will gladly field offers. Fashion tips will be considered...
    See pix:
    members.cox.net/csannex/jazz/jazz1.jpg
    members.cox.net/csannex/jazz/jazz2.jpg
    members.cox.net/csannex/jazz/jazz3.jpg
    members.cox.net/csannex/jazz.jazz4.jpg
    members.cox.net/csannex/jazz/jazz5.jpg
    Note the new positions of BOTH strap buttons...
    Thanks,
    Rog.:bassist: