9V Adapters

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rickbass, Aug 16, 2004.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Do you all know of any 9V adapters that are worth a damn ???

I've been buying these Radio Shack 9V adapters for my pedals that plug into the back of my preamp. The cords on them are about as durable as overcooked vermicelli and I'm tired of replacing them.

I don't want to use 9V batteries because the power supply with those isn't as stable......(plus, you have to worry about how long they've been in service).

Thanks very much for any input!
  2. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    I would recommend the EBS adaptor. It's pricey. But it's also lightweight and silent.
  3. rickbass

That might have to be the answer, bmc, although, I guess I'd have to order from the US distributor..........(I have one EBS pedal). I'd have to get 4 of them but some that would last would be cheaper in the long run than the junk I've been using.

You just don't see them offered in the catalogs I've seen or the stores I've been to in this part of the US.

4. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Not sure why you need four of them. I bought an Ibanez daisy chain and poer five pedals with the one adaptor. Then took an 18 foot extension chord and, using fasteners, secured it to an 18 foot guitar cable. Makes set up super quick.
  5. rickbass

I don't know what it is, bmc, but sometimes we'll play these really old places, some of which were roadhouses in the 1920's, and the power supply is really funky especially in summer when the AC and ice machines at the bar kick on/off.

When I daisy chain at some of those places, it seems like I get somewhat unstable power, like I was using batteries. :meh:
  6. rickbass

7. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    OneSpot is like the GodLyke, and has adapters for everything, a daisy chain and whatnot. I'm powering a few things with it, just ordered a 1/8" TS adapter for DOD pedals and a 9V battery snap adapters for the REALLY old pedals.