1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

9V Power Supply Question/Help, Please

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gitlvr, Dec 16, 2017.

1. gitlvr

gitlvr

Nov 13, 2009
    No. Va., USA
    I have a Radio Shack 800 mA wall wart supply. It is universal, ;ie, I can flip the polarity to whatever I see fit, negative or positive tip.
    I know that all of the One Spot type power supplies are basically a wall wart with high mA and a daisy chain cable.
    I think I can, but.... Can I buy a Daisy Chain, hook up to this and use it as a power supply for 4 or 5 pedals?
    I think it is basically the same.
    I'm running a Boss PSM 5 right now, so another question is, could I hook this up to the Boss and increase the ma capability of that pedal/power supply?
    Thanks.

2. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

If that power supply has switchable voltage, the 800 mA is the rating for it at the lowest voltage.
    For instance, if it is switchable to 5 Volts at 800 mA, then it's only good for 445 mA at 9 Volts.

3. gitlvr

gitlvr

Nov 13, 2009
    No. Va., USA
    Thanks. No, not switching, the tip is just reversable so that it can be either positive or negative. Boss and many others use negative center(tip) polarity.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021