1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A 1x12 or a 1x15 with a 2x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by truckin88, Feb 15, 2005.

1. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    Ok guys I am GASing for a Aguliar 112, but I already have a 2x10 eminenece loaded cab that the acoustic dept. here at work built for me, it is like butta. Here is the thing whatever I get needs a tweeter, the 2x10 is tweeterless, I just didn't order one in time. Whatever I get I would like to rock out by itself from time to time and bring the 2x10 when needed. The 112 seems perfect, but a 1x15 might go better with the 2x10. Eventually after this purchase I will get that groove 1200 from Kustom. I could have the guys build me another cab, but I don't want to keep bothering them...plus managment was cool with the one, to see what our guys could do, but if I keep getting them, there would probably be a problem. Me and 3 other guys got them. Ok I use to play punk but now I play jazz/blues....don't ask.....ahhh horizons

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    if you want a tweeter and cheap, the aggie isnt a bad way to go.

3. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Try the aggie... nice thick bottom for a 12.

4. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    thats what i was figuring i saqw mike meritt (conan's bassist) use one it sounded amazing he also used a zeta. Aggie is Cheap??? Avatar is a bang for the buck, but I thought aggie was a little more $$