A $40 Camcorder, good or not?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by musicguy123, Aug 17, 2009.

1. musicguy123

musicguy123 Inactive

Sep 4, 2007
  2. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    dude, the native resolution is kinda crap, but for 40 bucks? pretty cool to me.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'm sure that my digital still camera records video as good or better but if you're looking for a beater to carry around and catch some low-res video then it seems like a pretty good price.

bc

4. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

If you have a decent cell phone, it probably will record video that's comparable - minus whatever minimal zoom capability the camcorder has.

5. musicguy123

musicguy123 Inactive

Sep 4, 2007
    Does 640x480 resolution work good?

6. musicguy123

musicguy123 Inactive

Sep 4, 2007
    It looks like a toy..

7. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    If you like really pixel-y video when you view it on anything (even including ) youtube. It's not terrible, but you wouldn't wanna "fit to screen".

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Depends on the device. I've made movies and DVDs using the video function on my Canon SD870 digital still camera. It records in 640x480 and it does not look pixely when viewed on my 22" monitor or my 40" LCD TV. It's certainly not as sharp as a DVD or something but it looks surprisingly good for a 640x480 video. No discernable pixelation. Videos on Youtube will often look pixelated just because of the way Youtube handles them.

bc

9. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    My nieces experience with a cheap video cam is:
    1) Didnt' last long. Physically broke. Internals don't hold up.
    2) Low quality video.
    3) Non-expandable memory. Internal memory is fixed and you have to upload it to computer before recording more.

10. musicguy123

musicguy123 Inactive

Sep 4, 2007
    The camera on cell phone has better resolution than that. Ture?

11. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

If you have a digital camera, it'll have better quality than that thing. I have a Kodak that records HD video.

12. musicguy123

musicguy123 Inactive

Sep 4, 2007
    Get one.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021