Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A 5 string neck in a 4 string body?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Plucky, Aug 17, 2002.

1. Plucky

Plucky

Jun 18, 2002
    Underwater
    its possible?

i have a 4 string and was thinking about it, would it be possible to change the neck, the pickups and put a new string in a 4 string body, smaller and maybe thinner? i know it probably wouldnt fit or i would have to make new holes to put new screws, but with a good luthier and the right tools, would i put a five string warwick neck (for example) in a 4 string ibanez body? would it work?

i wanna know if u have custom basses or have made some bass "tuning" with your basses. and i you have and idea of how it could be done just tell me plz!

thanx

2. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    California
    It wouldn't be worth the cash. With the money on the luther, the new neck, the new pickups, a new set of strings, you'll probably have enough for a cheap 5-er.

3. Plucky

Plucky

Jun 18, 2002
    Underwater
    i know it wouldnt be worthy, if i were RIGHT HANDED........

the point is that theres like 3,2% of possibilities of finding a lefty 5 str, and living where i do it'd be harder to find, thats why i thought about that....

butifyougotsomeinfoonhowtofindoneitdgreatyaknow.......?