Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A animal parts in my food? OMGWTFBBQ!!!!?!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nick man, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I just found something in my sunflower seeds.

I think it's a part of an amimal bone or tooth or something.

I tossed a bunch of sunflower seeds in my mouth and started munching and then I bit down on this hard sunumavich and pulled it out.

I its really hard but I doubt its a rock since it looks like it has a hard outer layer around a really round and nicely shapped core of darker material. Check out the pics!

So Im thinking... How much should I sue then for?

Jk. I might write in and ask for a free T-shirt or something. It would be fun, especially if there's space to have my friend screen print something like "I survived the great Planters fiasco. 10-25-04"

Im not bugged out by it at all, Im just bored. Anyone else have any interesting stories like this?

GRRR... While trying to upload the pics I found out that photobucket.com changed the allowed album size of free albums from whatever they were (at least 190, thats what I had) to 25MB! Thats another thread.

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I work for a law firm, and one time during a sandwich lunch I bit into a sandwhich and came down on a sharp shard of plastic - it hurt a little but I got over it and the sandwhich was pretty good so I didnt complain :D

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    So, what do you think $60,000,000?

I could have choked and died!

It could have torn me from the insides out!

I could have contracted the ebola virus!

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Sue for 10 mil, and settle out of court for a Sadowsky! :bassist:

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I just talked to the customer service people at Kraft foods and they said they'd send me some cupons. :(

They also said they were sending some shipping materials so I could send them the mysterious object for testing. He said they would send me the lab results. Neato, but not a T-shirt. :(

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Boo-ya!! Way to stick it to the man!!

brad cook

7. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    animal crakers in my soup, animal bones that cracked my tooth.......................... :p

8. LOL! :D

Leigh

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Looks like a rock to me.

10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    When I scratch at it really hard i can kinda scrape it a bit and its not rough or sandy feeling like a rock would be. Totally different texture. Also, the dark part you see is like a different core material but its too perfectly sapped to be randomly created. Its like the graphite in the core of a pencil.

11. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    One time I had some animal parts in my food as well. I went to KFC and when I opened my bucket there were chicken breasts, drum sticks and wings! I almost vomited.

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    EWWWW GROOSSSSSSS!!!!

I knew that was comming ;)

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    My friend Mark bit into a chicken patty, and got a bit of metal. Might have been buckshot, might have been a filling (which is what it looked like) and stopped eating. He then went to the counter and said "Yo, I just bit into metal." or something like that. They offered him more food in compensation.

He declined, and we both thought it was funny that they offered him more food.

14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    What I think is even stranger is that the chicken had cavities.

Something like that has gotta be rarer than hens teeth....

I'll shut up now.

15. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Funny thing about that is, what blocks the teeth in a beak are some basic acids and compounds. It's relatively easy (genetically/biologically speaking) to remove those blocks and get a saber-toothed chicken.

16. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Sweet.

[Mr.Burns]
    Smithers, release the sabre toothed chickens!
    [/Mr.Burns]

17. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Screw sociology.

My new major = bio engineering.

18. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool, can you make a komodo dragon with one giant wing so it can only fly in downward spirals? That would kick ass.

19. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Brilliant! Haha!

Actually, during harvesting many times the machines pick up rocks. They are supposed to be filtered out, but sometimes they still make it through. It most often happens with beans, but I guess it could happen with anything.

20. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Dude...I bet he totally could have had his lawyer negotiate for a supersize.

brad cook