Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

a b box

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by eric atkinson, May 8, 2002.

1. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey guys i have a active bass and a passive bass! I use a hartke head live wich has the active and passive input seperate! Well we are playing so many shows that i want to keep both basses plugged in at the same time so i can make a fast switch! How do i go about this operation? Ive played bass for 20 years so iam not bass stupied i just never had to do this before! Is it a ab box that i need to do this? And if so which brand?

Thanks yall!

2. why not plug them both into your amp ?

3. most amps run those inputs connected to each other, so the problem would be if you turn down the volume on one bass it would shut off the other one as well. You can try it of course, your amp may be different then others.

Whirlwind , Dunlop , Carvin, and Morley all sell A B switches that will do it easily and without any noise for around 20-30 dollars.

I have used Morley and Whirlwind boxes before. Never had a problem with either of them.

4. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    i cant plug both in at the same time because when i do i get noise! Its not alot but i play in a jazz setting and i really here it! If it was a rock setting it wouldnt bug me as bad! Thanks i will try a ab box!