1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A/B of Breedlove ABJ250 and Takamine EG512C - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by peabody, Oct 10, 2013.

1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Hey...

I'm in the market for an electric acoustic bass, and I think I have it narrowed down to a Breedlove ABJ250 and a Takamine EG512C. I was just wondering if anyone has owned both of these and would be willing to share some of the +/- for each one.

Also, I've read many of the threads here regarding acoustic basses and I think I'm pretty familiar with most of the comments....most don't project like a regular acoustic guitar, many will feed back when you amplify them, they are pretty useless unless you use an amplifier, etc.

I understand the comments, and I have a good idea what to expect. In fact, over the years I have owned a few acoustic-type basses, including a Carvin AC40, a Godin A4, a Fender Victor Bailey, a Washburn AB20...just to name a few.

To be honest, what I really have in mind is something to play while standing on a street corner with another guitar player/singer (and probably a drummer with a snare/high hat) playing around a Salvation Army red kettle/bell ringer. So I don't need a huge sound...but I'd still like to be heard.

I appreciate any input you'd be willing to share. Thanks!