A/B/Y With Expression Pedal Blend Option?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I just email Loop-master if they would make one of these, but was curious is anyone knew offhand of an ABY pedal that would allow you to blend your signal output by use of an expression pedal.

I hope David Boggs heals up- I miss Loooper :(

Crx likes this.
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Brian from Loop-master's words after asking if they make one: "Sure don't." :p

Crx likes this.
  3. lpjiang

lpjiang Finally a Roscoehead

Jul 15, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Maybe give Barge Concepts a try.
    They claim that there'll be a new blender (VFB-X) which can be pedal controlled available in the future.
    The thing they provide now is a Feedback/Blend pedal called VFB-2.
    Send Geoff at Barge Concepts a mail, I think he can build a modified pedal for your needs.
    Here's the link:
    http://www.bargeconcepts.com/vfb1.html

4. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Thanks, I'll do that.

Did a big Google search and still haven't found anything outside of Loooper :meh:

5. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Waitin' to hear back from Barge.

Anyone have any other ideas?? You'd figure Radial would have come up with something like this by now.

6. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    i seen somewhere... a pedal like a wah or expression pedal that had some kind of adapter that would turn your effects pedal's knob physically.. i'll try look for it..

7. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Problem is I haven't even found an A/B/Y with a blend knob yet. At this point I think I may have to just get a Switchbone or something and then set up volume pedals for each amp, although it won't give quite the same end result :meh:

8. IIRC it's called the Third hand

9. gwx014

gwx014

Dec 22, 2005
    You mean this?

[​IMG]

http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/pedals/tip.php

Good idea, but over $100 seems a little pricey to me.

10. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
  11. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Wow- thanks!!!!

Pricey, but I haven't found anything else that'll do it. I'll have to sell something- anyone want a Compulator? :D

12. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut

You might want to delete both of your posts then- as I mentioned in my first post, David from Loooper isn't building anymore.

13. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass

:bag:

14. Gyoon

Gyoon

Nov 12, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    There is an Ernie Ball 6165 Pan/Volume that might do the trick. It's only a/b, but it might be what you're looking for.

15. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Thanks for the tip- I do need the ABY though (the pedal would be to blend in and out between the two amps).

16. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    :(

The waiting list for a VFM is 12 months. I put my name on the list, but I'd really prefer to not wait that long.....that's three times longer than it takes to build an Elrick.

17. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Don't tempt me, I almost didn't send it back to you. ;)

18. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    The Ernie Ball pedal is a stereo volume pedal that acts as a blend/ pan pedal between the 2 channels when you pull out this little lever. The only thing it doesn't have is the actual A/B/Y switches, but if you put a normal A/B before it it would do basically exactly what you are looking for and not cost nearly as much as that other pedal!

Karl Zickrick

19. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Also, how would I run an A/B behind it to get the same effect? The outputs of the EB pedal would run to the amps, so an A/B pedal before it couldn't control its output :confused:

I suppose it could work sort of like an ABY with blend all on its own, with the A being with the toe down, the B being the heel down, and the Y being the pedal in the middle. It's not as precise as I'd want, but it'd be something close at least.

20. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Looks like I'll order one of the EB pedals tonight- someone please feel free to correct me though in my assumption that placing an A/B box behind it would do nothing.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021