A bass is a kind of guitar I'm told

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by TVvoodoo, Aug 2, 2018.

1. TVvoodoo

TVvoodoo Commercial User

Aug 1, 2018
    Western Canada
    I am owned and operated by Well-Hung Guitar Accessories
    Relative newbie here to the world of down low. I have a 3/4 bass we bought for our daughter when she was 16 and trying to be in a teenage girrrl musical group --- seems she liked almost everything about being in a band except for all that boring "learning music" stuff, so I now keep it in the man cave and pluck it when I'm play-recording my own songs - but I'm really as much a real bass player as I am an astronaut after 3o years of six stringin'

Here's the Bye-Bye Kitty my daughter and I made and now I guess I'm stuck with

SbG08PeP_o.jpg

I feel I do appreciate a sweet bass base as a listener, and wannabe composer.

I joined up here because I operate a small boutique gear concern and saw on google there's been some chit-chat about one of my products here so I wanted to thank the fellow directly, which I did last night.

Who knows? maybe if I spend some time here I'll soak up some cool thumpin' talent from some folks here... Hell, Already a member of way too many gear/instrument forums what's one more?

Oddly likes this.
  2. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    That's a pretty cool-looking bass!
    Nice straps too, I see...and I'm very tempted by the toggle-chips!

TVvoodoo likes this.
  3. TVvoodoo

TVvoodoo Commercial User

Aug 1, 2018
    Western Canada
    I am owned and operated by Well-Hung Guitar Accessories
    Thanks oddly! - it's really fun to play, if a bit sparkly (with a grrrly punkish edge) I've posted it in several forums, always seems to get a bit of attention - i've modded, refinished several guitars for my own tastes

I'm unsure of the :spam: spamtastic :spam: rules because I'm so very new here, so I'm going to try real hard to refrain from plugging what kinds of things I do like some other forums sometimes allow. My thing doesn't seriously put the bread on my table, but it sure can pay for the odd flat of beer, for which I am grateful - moreso for the cool tribe of virtual friends i have earned.

I do look forward to learning much more about the specific needs of bass players, I have served many in the past. And of course, gonna hang here and find out more about getting into, and staying in "the pocket" - maybe not yours so much :roflmao: , the pocket of the music :bassist: 'cause bottom line for me personally, I enjoy creating and playing music, and everything else i do originated from, and is shaped by that.

Oddly likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 21, 2021