A bass player's view to life

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by nonsqtr, Aug 31, 2003.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    One of the best views a bass player can have...

That's me with the Yamaha :)

(edited to correct a typo)
  2. Whoa, you mean there's a BACKGROUND to that photo? ;)
  3. LOL.

Leather pants are a joy forever. :)

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
  5. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Are you now a B-ass player? A Behind-ass player?
    ;) :p
  6. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    she dont look that hot to me... just another 5 or 6 stone and she'd be there :)
  7. Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    gotta look at her in 3B(3 beers and it looks good, eh?). action shots are rarely photogenic anyways(at least for me, unless I'm that damn ugly). Maybe it's the same for that chick.
  8. have a lot in common. "I got a big legged woman, 27 inches in the thigh". I've seen plenty of hot women that only weighed 6 stone to start with. I'd have to keep my eyes on the fingerboard with Shannon in front of me. Wouldn't want to get distracted.
  9. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    That's the rub. Every time I sight down the fingerboard I get an eye full of exquisite butt. It's an exercise in concentration. Then there's another one on the other side, who likes to bump butts while I'm trying to hold down a gnarly slappin' groove. She says she can't help herself, the bass turns her on (I assume she means the bass itself, as distinct from the player:) When I was learning to play some 20+ years ago, I never imagined there'd be problems like this!
  10. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Here's one of me and the keyboard player sharing a private joke on this very topic (something along the lines of, "this is all too much").

I remember this particular moment 'cause he caught me looking slightly off axis, so after rolling my eyes I just kinda closed them for a while.

(edited for spelling)
  11. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
  12. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I second that motion! This is important educational material for all of us base players -- Oops, I mean bass players!

:D ;)
  13. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Great pic Doc!!! And she play's a Tele!! Your a lucky man.... Looks like a great gig.
  14. doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    Thanks, it was a great gig!

It was the 1st Annual FDP SoCal Jam in Ocean Beach near San Diego. Happened two years ago.

MrsDoc and I flew out to meet our friends from the Fender Discussion Page forum. "Sistrum", a band out of AZ did an opening set along with another band whose name I'm ashamed to say I've forgotten. (Well, the all girl band was easier to remember.)

The torrid Tele player was "Marie", and I had a blast laying down some backbeat while she smoked.
    I have an entire album of pics from that fun jam, but that's the best pic of Marie.

Sistrum is still working regularly although Marie is no longer with them. HOWEVER, their major hot babe "Chrissy" is still playing bass with them. She RAWKS!

Ya know, puttin' down the foundation for a great soloist (especially a major babe) is one of life's greatest perks!
  15. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Here Here, You got that right!!

I'm a member of the FDP, I try to get over there once a day, I hardly post though.
    I have heard of Sistrum! Is one of them Chrissy?
    I think I seen her over here or at the FDP.
  16. doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    Yep, Chrissy's an FDP regular, posting mostly in the "Black Hole".

She not only a cutie, but a thumpin' bass player in Sistrum.
  17. If and when I form a new band I'm recruiting a lady singer!!! A good-lookin' ... I mean a good singer why of course!:D :p :bassist:

PS: Actually, the trick could work: No Doubt anyone?
  18. stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    i dont know why but that is one of the funnest things ive heard all week