1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A Bassic 212 Cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jasper383, Mar 29, 2013.

1. jasper383

jasper383 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    Is there a Bassic 212 cabinet in the near future?

I don't have much use for tweeters, and the single 12 and 15 Bassic cabs look like they would be perfect sound-wise for me.

IME, single 12 and 15 cabs are just a tiny bit not loud enough for the bands I play in, but the 215 Dually looks like it's too big and overkill.

So, my conclusion is a 212 Bassic would meet my needs quite well. Is there going to be one?

2. From the talkings I have heard, there is a Dually 212 in the pipe line.

3. dincz

dincz

Sep 25, 2010
    Czech Republic
    The Barefaced Super 12 is already available.

4. jasper383

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    Indeed. That's pretty much what I have been looking for on this side of the pond.

$1300+ for a Barefaced Super 12 is a bit high over here, imo. I think a Bassic 212 would come in at around $900 give or take.

5. MostlyBass

MostlyBass Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Oak Park, IL
    I'm also considering a Bassic 15 (with the 4ohm Faital) so thoughts on the Bassic models are appreciated!!

I do like 15" speakers and don't care for tweeters. My band isn't very loud but we do favor a bass-heavy sound with clarity.

6. Cant comment on the final price, as no one has seen it. :D

That said you will still be shipping a Dually 212 unless you are local to one of Greenboy's Authorized builders.

7. jasper383

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    That's why I said "give or take." lol

A Bassic 12 is $600 from Gigmasters, I figure a 212 would add maybe $300 to that?