Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A BIG THANKS to Ernie Ball/MusicMan

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by venturawest, Jun 1, 2004.

1. venturawest

venturawest

Apr 29, 2004
    I'm relatively new here, so i hope this is in the right forum. I had an incident with my new EB/MM Stingray 5 - about a month after buying it, the neck and action got messed up after spending a day in a hot car. i had taken it to a local "luthier" who "fixed" it by cranking the trussrod all the way clockwise and lowering the saddles too far - so it felt all wrong.

I was totally unsatisfied, so i called EB and spoke to Nelson and Dan, who immediately said "send it in. we'll fix it. if the neck is warped, we'll replace it. send it now."

I sent the bass to EB in california on thursday - they received it via UPS this morning. at 7:00 pm tonight, Dan called from EB to let me know they had checked the instrument, the neck was absolutely fine, they did a full setup on the instrument, fixed the action problems i was having, changed the strings, reset everything back to factory specifications, then called me to let me know they were sending it back tomorrow.

Total cost? the cost of shipping. new strings for free. work done basically free of charge.

This thread is to just give a huge round of applause to EB/MM, and all of the companies like them that provide excellent customer service, are easy to reach and easy to get answers from, friendly, helpful, and really CARE about their users beyond the initial sale. For all the complaining i do about airlines, telephone companies, AOL, and the like, it's nice to see that companies like EB/MM, Eden, Bergantino, (insert your company favs here) still care about guys like me, even if i'm no longer a pro.

hope i put this thread in the right place. and i hope someone from EB frequents this place so they read it.

2. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    You should write the service manager or sales manager or whatever an email and let them know how awesome everybody there is. They love hearing that.

3. venturawest

venturawest

Apr 29, 2004
    you know, i sent them a letter attached to the bass telling them how grateful i was for the service and attention i'd already received. you're right, i think sending another one to the service manager would be nice, too. i'll do that.

anyone else wanna say good things about a particular company? i'm in that feel-good kind of mood tonight.

4. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Cool. It's excellent they took such good care of you, and I've heard good things about EB/MM before with regard to treating people well. I remember somebody posted about getting a factory tour once while they just happened to be in the area and everybody was really nice.

5. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    Glenn McDougal at Fury Guitars just fixed the neck problems on my carvin fretless today. He's the only "tech" I trust but I didn't think he'd touch another company's guitar. I was wrong, he set everything up and gave it a free polishing all for the price of..... FREE!!!!

6. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Straight up Kudos to eb/mm, it's great when folks will stand behind their stuff like that. It's by far the exception rather than the rule that people "treat you they way they ought to," which is what they did. Businesses that are run in that fashion tend to stick around much longer than others, and in theses days of electronic word of mouth, word travels far and wide:)

7. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    i think the biggest lesson here is one should learn how to do their own setups as to avoid this big of a hassle.

8. Dana B. Goods has always been good to me. I've never called on them for anything like that, but they have taken pretty good care of me and I don't doubt that they'd go the extra mile.

9. venturawest

venturawest

Apr 29, 2004
    i think you're right. however, i don't really trust myself to do that to a $1300 bass - turns out there was a pretty good reason!