Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Bigger Bang - New Stones Album

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jacove, Sep 5, 2005.

1. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Hi,

so the brand new Rolling Stones album has been released. I must say that I didn't expect that much because quite frankly the quality of their output the last 10-15 years has been debateable....But the record has really suprised me, the guys are back in shape and IMHO they haven't sounded this great since the late 70's. I dig most of the tracks but standout tracks would be Rough Justice, Streets of Love, Back of My Hand, Laugh I Nearly Died....

Darryl plays really supportive and grooves with Charlie. Best work from him with the Stones I think... :hyper:

2. nysbob

nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    Cool - I'll have to check that one out.

3. I just had a friend of mine tell me he really likes this cd, I'll have to check it out, especially with Daryl on it.

4. Sturge

Sturge

Sep 10, 2005
    Liverpool, England
    According to the booklet, Darryl Jones only plays on about half of the songs on the album - the bass on the other songs being handled by that four-string legend Mick Jagger. :eek:

It's not a bad album - I thought it had a bit of an "Exile On Main Street" vibe to it. Mind you, to me the start of Streets Of Love sounds like Sonnet by the Verve... maybe Mick and Keef are getting them back for Bittersweet Symphony?