Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A/Bing gear in NYC

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TrooperFarva, Dec 27, 2005.

1. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    Can anyone direct me to the place in NYC with the most high end gear? I'm looking for a new rig, and want to try as many amps and cabs as possible, but I'd like to do it side by side, if possible. Specifically, I'm looking for Aguilar amps and Cabs, Bergantino cabs, Demeter amps and preamps, Eden amps, Accugroove cabs, Thunderfunk amps, and Ashdown amps. Does such a mythical store exist in NYC? If theres nowhere that has it all, I'd like to at least an NV610 and an El Whappo, as I've never played through them anywhere yet.

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Rudy's on 48th St carry aguilar, bergantino and eden cabs. Don't think there are any shops carrying thunderfunk amps.
    The Groove Shoppe (http://www.thegrooveshoppe.com have aguilar, accugroove, epifani

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    just to add, i think Joey G's Music aka the Bass Loft down in nolita (?) carries Accugroove gear.

course, you could wait until the next NYC GTG to meet the rest of us, and hear/see some especially kickin' gear.