A bit of everything I guess

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Plazbnickle, Jan 12, 2004.

1. I like it fast, fat, and funky :D . A little Claypool mixed with Flea is the sort of bass lines I create.

I write songs about deep and meaningful things. Not love songs about a girl who I have been separated from. Though I have part written a song about the irony of falling in love, by being liberated yet entrapped at the same time. Most songs are about questioning the meaning of the universe. I also like to write about things in life that are generally ignored in the music industry. While on that point, I hate music "industry", I prefer music world, or scene, musicians arent factory workers and I told like to be treated or refered to as one. And if any people like these ideas for songs, take them and abuse them as much as you like.

I think loving friendship is the coolest thing in the world, mixed with a moderate amount of beer is even better. Skulling Kaluah and milk is fun.

I do like to generalise when insulting ways of life and those who live them, and leave it up to the recipient to distinguish individuals from the group. Political correctness isnt cool. Except when overused to the ridiculous extent for the humorous mocking of "new age" individuals.

Im christian yet have a very liberal view of the world and believe the Bible supports my views. Inteligent cussing or insulting isnt bad, and should be recieved as a rebuke of some kind and the insulted should be given a chance to defend him/herself. I don't like political complexities.

I like to write long posts cause I like to write in general.

Please comment...
  2. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
  3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

What was the question...? :confused:
  4. No question, just say something about what ive written if u care to.
  5. VellaBass

Aug 29, 2003
    London, UK
    I think they've gone all philosophical down there since they lost the Rugby:) :)
  6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

7. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I like it slow, fat, and swingin :eek: . A little Chambers mixed with Jamerson.

I don't write songs. Okay, well, not pop songs. I write jazz tunes, but those aren't usually understood. Not that much of anything ever is. Of course, sometimes love songs about a girl you've broken up with can be therapeutic, healing. Sometimes love isn't ironic, and if you feel trapped or suffocated, I have to wonder if you're truly in love at all. I don't question the universe, the universe mocks me, and we're not talking. Sure, it may be resolved later, but it's really awkward at holidays right now. I don't really care much what people call me, label me, of label the music I play. They'll deal with it. They can get the name of the instrument wrong and I won't care.

I think loving friendship is a very cool thing too. Mixed with a ton of wine, and it's much much better. Single malt scotch is fun.

I'm not Christian, yet I will still converse with Christians, it's just the universe that I'm not talking to, and definitely not questioning. Belligerent cussing can be fun, and also therapeutic. I don't like political simplicities.

I like to write longs posts too, and I also like to write.

Alright stop what you're doing, cause I'm about to ruin, the image and the style that you're used to. I look funny, but yo I'm making money see, so yo world, I hope you're ready for me. Now gather round, I'm the new full in town, and my sound's laid down by the Underground. I'll drink a bottle of Hennessy you got on your shelf, so just let me introduce myself. My name is Humpty, pronounced with an Umpty, yo lady's, oh how I'd love to funk thee, and any rappers in the top ten, please allow me to bump thee. I'm steppin' tall y'all, and just like Humpty Dumpty, you're gonna fall when the stereos pump me. I like to rhyme, I like my beats funky, I'm spunky, I like my oatmeal lumpy. I'm sick with this, straight gangsta mack, sometimes I get ridiculous, I'll eat up all your crackers and your licorice.
  8. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Y'know, I really like shopping for clothes at Ross. A lot of people prefer Mervyn's, but not me. I generally go to the clearance section, where you can usually find some pretty nice stuff if you spend a little time looking.

Another thing I like about Ross is the shoe section. I 've come across a pair of Doc Martens at an amazimg price. I'm wearing them right now. The downside, of course, is that there's usually only one or two of the same item, as opposed to Mervyn's, where you get racks full of the same thing. I suppose each store has a different strategy and that's a good thing.

I wear jeans a lot. My favorite style are Levi's 501s, the kind that has buttons instead of zippers. I also like the fact that they're grey instead of blue like most other jeans. Maybe they offer 501s in blue, but I never really cared to look. I guess my esthetic is buttons for grey jeans and zippers for blue, go figure.

Just got back from my first job interview in L.A. not bad considering I arrived eight days ago. Pay's not the best, but it's a music store and after having slaved away pushing cheap radios or futons, it would be nice to get a job selling something I actually like. Best of all, the had Parker basses in stock...

Just got my first taste of a tv show called "Curb your Enthusiasm", which stars a guy called Larry David, who was executive producer of the Seinfeld sitcom. I really like the show. Just like Seinfeld, Larry David plays himself, and you can tell that Jason Alexander's character is basically Larry David. What i really like is that he doesn't mind coming across as a jerk, which he is at times even though he is well meaning.

Just got another callback for another job. I think this would be less exciting than the one at the music store but it'll pay better, so I think I'll take a stab at it. I sent them my resume after all.