Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A bit of nostalgia for Michael.

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Humabass, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Humabass

Humabass Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Just wanted to say hello to Michael Manring. I was in the Yorktown High School Jazz Lab when you played in the Langley High School band and used to watch you play when we went to the various festivals and competitions. I was playing trombone at the time and switched to bass after high school. You played a slotted headstock Gibson EBO(?). You were definately the focus of attention in that band and everyone at the time new you were destined for "STARDOM". I also saw a couple of Natural Bridge shows at the Cellar Door in Georgetown when you were playing your fretless Stingray. Wow,that was a L O N G time ago wasn't it?

Cheers,
    Hugh McGuire
    P.S. Yorktown was better regardless of what those stupid
    judges said :D

2. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Yikes! That was a long time ago, wasn't it? Thanks for the walk down memory lane, Hugh. The old EB3 is long gone, but I've still got the Stingray around here someplace. As I recall Yorktown was a pretty slammin' band. If we won, it wasn't by much!