1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A Bongo to buy?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ecapdeville, Jul 22, 2012.

1. ecapdeville

ecapdeville

Mar 26, 2007
    Mexico City
    A musicman Bongo to buy?

Hello, in mercadolibre.com (the latinamerican version of ebay) are selling a Bongo that seems good and is quite cheap... what do you think? do I go for it? I am not so much in love with blue basses and less with the "bongo" type but for the price I think is a bargain...

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx...n-bongo-fender-jazz-bass-fender-precision-_JM

The price in dollars is $900.00

cheers

P.D. I don't know why but I posted this in the effects forum... can anybody change it to the right forum... sorry!

2. I say BUY IT! Them tones will make you love it.

Also, this is the effects sub forum.

3. ecapdeville

ecapdeville

Mar 26, 2007
    Mexico City
    Thanks,,, yes I know... thats the reason I asked to move it to the right forum ;)

4. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Oct 31, 2009
    I say don't buy it. If you don't like blue and you like bongo's even less, it's not a bargain for you ;)

5. JehuJava

JehuJava Bass Frequency Technician

Oct 15, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Why the heck would you buy a bass you don't particularly like? You'll be more focused on the bass itself rather than its performance.

Switch it around...

There's a great deal on a 1990 Iroc Z Camaro. should I I buy it because it has great performance and the price is right even though I like SUV's? Hell no. You'll never see beyond the fact that it's an Iroc z...or a bongo.

6. wong99

wong99

Jun 6, 2012
    13 pesos to the dollar

7. ecapdeville

ecapdeville

Mar 26, 2007
    Mexico City
    I´m starting to fall in love with it... hehe... I´ve seen some videos in youtube and all picture it as an extraordinary bass... damn... damn GAS , now I am sick of it... after all if I don't like it I could sale it someday... (it would be my 8th bass in the barn, would be the first USA made and my first and only active bass)... :p