Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Brand New Solo Bass Video!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Aram Bedrosian, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Aram Bedrosian

Aram Bedrosian

Oct 24, 2005
    Burlington, VT
    Endorsing Artist: Ritter, DR, Jim Dunlop, Hartke
    Hello Everyone!

I have posted a short live video of a new solo bass piece, entitled "The New Thumpty Dumpty", from a solo bass concert and would love your feedback! Your thoughts on the composition, etc...are very valuable to me!

You can check it out here:

http://www.arambedrosian.com/index.php?page=videomenu

Thanks!

Aram

2. That was definitely crazy. You have one sick slapping technique.

Was this normal slapping or double thumping?

Edit: Looking at it again, this is not double thumping. It's that popping technique that is so weird.

3. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Similar to the last vid you posted, that was also awesome. I liked it even more because you were spread more evenly over the neck.

I usually turn off slap-fests ala Wooten very quickly, but I actually found that to be extremely interesting and well composed. You are an awesome player. :bassist:

I'm sure the following responses will say something along these lines.

Where'd you learn to play?

4. Wow. I saw one of your other videos (probably the most recent one you posted before this) and although I liked it, it was a bit repetitive. This one is awesome, more spread out as Scott said.
    And I have to ask....how do you get those really fast roll sounds? I'm talkin about the style your using at 1:35 in the video. Doesn't sound like double-thumping, but I could never figure out how to do that with regular style slapping.

5. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    very nice dude, I like your use of effects on slap to add more "flavour". Could you post a bigger video so that we can start stealing licks now? :smug:;)

6. WillBuckingham

WillBuckingham

Mar 30, 2005
    Hey, pretty cool man. I actually saw you playing with a bluegrassy kind of group on that main st. in Burlington last year. I was in town for jazzfest to see Stanley Clarke. Anyway you sounded great then and great on this video. Keep it up!

7. very nice

you definatly have some slap chops!

8. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    I listen to only Space Opera.

I didn't like the composition. I felt it needed contrast within the piece. Also, the tone sounded a bit "twangy" as you moved down the neck toward the nut.

Sorry for the negative feedback.

9. Aram Bedrosian

Aram Bedrosian

Oct 24, 2005
    Burlington, VT
    Endorsing Artist: Ritter, DR, Jim Dunlop, Hartke
    Hey,
    Thank you ALL for your feedback! i really appreciate it..

Scott,
    I learned how to play by studying les, flea, and victor on my own, then jazz and classical at school..then by playing bluegrass, techno, and prog, etc...I appreciate the question!

Mikey,
    that is a combination of hammers, slaps, and pops...i hope that helps!!

Oversoul,
    I'll try to post something longer, but that takes bandwidth! lol...:)

Thanks again everyone!
    Aram