Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A buyer/seller review system

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Matt Till, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I don't know how it would be set up on talkbass, but one of the reasons I don't buy off talkbassers is I don't know all of you. Some of you have been doing quite a bit of selling and I think that it would be a good idea to have a buyer/seller review area ala Ebay. Just a thought.

2. Have a list of anyone that buys/sells/trades and have like feedback?

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Yeah, a lot of people you get to know on these boards before you buy off them. There might be someone with a killer deal who I personally have never done business with, but others have and it went smooth as pie. I'd like to know that. I mean, none of us will really sell off our gear like people sell things on ebay. I mean, most people wanna keep there gear right? But still, I think it would give people a better sense of who they are dealing with.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I made a couple deals with TBers I did not previously know. Worked out great. I asked the basic questions, as did the other person.

As a matter of fact, I am putting the finishing touches on a deal for a multi-effect pedal, and another non-bass item. I don't plan on posting the results of that deal until he has his money, and I have my gear. It is going very smooth so far. This other TB'er had been helping me learn about effects before the idea of buying/selling even came up. That helped make this transaction more secure for me.

I post in the thread SMASH linked to for each of my deals. I think a rating system would be good as well. Or maybe the TB'er could keep track of their deals themselves, and present them to the other party when a deal comes up.

-Mike

5. Yes, that thread has been helpful, but instead of searching around in it to find "feedback" for a user, have a list like Matt suggested that you can like search easily for a username and find feedback for the person more efficiently and quickly.

On TB I have done deals so far for:

*Badass V Bridge
    *DOD Bass Chorus
    *USA Big Muff Pi
    *Hartke 410VX

Only complaints I have are these:

With the cab it took a month before the person shipped it. With the USA Big Muff Pi, the person almost didn't ship it because they weren't sure what the Chorus did and thought it was a good effect, but overall weak, but still decided to "go through with the trade" (don't know what this was all about, I would of been pissed if he sent the chorus back after I payed like $5 on shipping). Out of those 4 items I've bought the Badass and Hartke and have traded for the DOD and USA.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Your thread is great Smash, and appreciated. But if you could check someone's profile and it had a mini-review that you could perhaps click for details, when someone started the thread you could click their name and find out a history (if any) of sales. But I do agree that you can usually tell by the way someone acts if they are serious. There is no real secure method of sales online, it's a trust thing that sadly a lot of us americans don't do a lot of anymore. I do trust a lot of talkbassers, though. It might be helpful and get more people intersted. Just throwing out an idea.