1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A call to all Scientologist TBers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jady, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Hey, I know there are quite a few TBers who are Scientologists. I am not here to debate or challenge anyones views here and surely do not want to start a religious rant so I am going to close this post after I finish here. I hope this will not upset any Mods.

I just don't get scientology.

Scientology has gotten a lot of negative press lately and not a lot of posative support so I would like some scientologists to PM me and try to explain it to me.

I am not looking to be converted nor convert anyone, I promise to treat anyone who responds with respect and gratitude, I just need to know what it is all about.

Some questions I have,

1. Do you believe in a God? If so what are his/her/its characteristics?

2. Whats the deal with the whole Xenu story. I will admit it seems a bit far fetched but then again so does the ressurection of Christ if you dont fully understand it. Please explain it from a believers point of view.

3. Are all of the beliefs and practices revealed to everyone from the get go or is there secret knowledge only available to upper levels in the faith?

4. Could you explain the whole auditing thing, what is the basis for this?

5. What has scientology done for you personally? How has it changed your life?

I am only asking this due to honest curiousity and wanting to know what it is from a believers point of view, Thank you, John

2. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    thread closed to avoid any violation of TB rules or insulting anyones faith :D

EDIT: OK, I cant close this thread, the option isnt available, could a MOD please do it for me? The last thing i want to do is offend anyones beliefs, Thanks

3. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Yea, I would like to keep it up to try and get some responses, I just was hoping to close it to avoid and possible flaming of others beliefs.

4. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo gone to Longstanton Spice Museum

Feb 8, 2003
    UK
    why should the thread be closed yet? so far his questions were reasonable, and the rules just says threads will be monitored closely.. surely an ideal opportunity for us to prove we can discuss important topics like adults

I personally wouldnt mind hearing some discussion about scientology, since I know next to nothing about it other than that sci-fi dude invented it and Tom Cruise and Travolta are into it

oh, and Billy Sheehan too :)

5. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Any thread I have seen involving scientology has turned into a anti-scientologist rant pretty quick.

If we can remain civil, then lets talk about it.

The only reason I was going the PM route was to avoid any hurt feelings, thats the last thing I want to cause :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.