Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A call to all slipknot fans

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ArtFS, Jul 12, 2001.

1. ArtFS

ArtFS

Jul 3, 2001
    Virginia
    I have been looking for tablature on a certain song for ever now and I thought I could get some help from the fine folks here on talkbass. The song is confessions from their first album mate.feed.kill.repeat.

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

You may get more replies in Miscellaneous. SO I'll scoot you there.

3. is that a good cd? i just ordered it about a week ago, it should be here soon... anyways, i'll get back if i can get it

4. ArtFS

ArtFS

Jul 3, 2001
    Virginia
    is that a good cd? no, its a great cd. It has some of the best slipknot i've ever heard. the singer is a different guy and I like the way he sounds. They even get a little funk going on #3.

5. something along the lines of:

E: -0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0 etc.

6. No you've got it all wrong! ;)

It's more like:

B: -0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

:D

7. hmm...classy!

8. A: -0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Who can guess what this is

....Click, click....

heheheh...;)

9. i actuly think its in B#, not b natural. i heard mate, feed kill repeat, i actuly didnt really go for it. i liked their first album, i might get iowa, i listen to slipknot when i work out, good music to get you pumped, nothing like a singer calling you a *cat* when your lifting, really motivating. My friend broke his nose in a slipknot pit. This was a little over a year ago, before they went multi platnum, way before ozzfest. It was on the smaller stage, meaning, no security, (two guys), and it was in a parking lot, no barricades to split the pit in half, nothing, (who'd expect that large of a crowd?), so he got pushed up front, then when he got pushed back he turned around,and got kicked in the face from a crowd surfer.

(i've decided to rant right now, seeiong how this topic is going no place soon) Why do people crowd surf? I've never wanted to try it, and i generaly dont like it when people do it. I'm 6'1, my head is generaly above peoples heads, cause most 16-19 yr olds arnt my height, and because my head pops up above everyone else, i get kicked in the head by crowd surfers. When i'm trying to keep my balance from the "bum rush" twords the sage, i'm not gonna be looking behind me for crowd surfers, i'm gonna be looking at the stage, wham, i get kicked in the head. also, girls go up, and then they get molested. Guy go up, and then guys gotta hold up the guy, some times you get stuck with the ass, sometimes the crotch. I dont wanna hold you up like that man. Another thing, ever had to hold up the guy, by yourself, cause everyone else decideds to watch the show? i had one guy end up on my back, (i ended up being forced to huntch over) waiting for somone to move him away from me, then some girl floats over, ends up on my back. I was tryign to watch the show, and this happens.

DONT CROWD SURF.

10. i feel bad for girls that go into a pit and come out with their shirt torn off and their chest all red and sobbing. oh yeah and the girls that stand outside the edge of the pit and try to push people in. i hate them.

11. Well, theoretically it's the girls who push other girls into the pit..then they get molested...

Seriously though, crowd surfing is not too cool. Especially when you can't get your hands up.

Now, stage diving is another matter. Because the crowd can see said person flying through the air, they are prepared and catch them. No one inujred.

General crowd surfing is annoying though. I went to an Incubus gig, and it was the worst pit I've ever been in. Most pits have like 3 rows at the front where people are crushed...this had 10 or 11. The venue was oversold. Anyway, seeing as I'm 6'4"(I was the tallest guy there) plenty of people banged their faces against the back of my head as the flew up to crowd surf. Not very painful for me...the worst bit is cleaning the blood outta my hair, as noses break and teeth are crushed when people fall headfirst into my head.

BTW, the worst crowd surfers are the ones who kick at people to push themselves forward. I drag those ones back and punch them in the face. They don't crowdsurf on my side of the pit again.

12. Dead wrong dude.

13. dead wrong? about what exactly?

14. Dead wrong about poking fun at fieldy.