A case for my Aguilar GS412???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by XPshychoticXPyr, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Anyone know where i could get a flight case for my Aguilar GS412 to keep it safe and make it easier to move?

2. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    will it be going on a plane or shipped often? (thats what flite cases are good for)

if not why not get a custom canvas cover?
  3. I want a ATA approved flight case for tour and safety and to have an easier way of moving it around (casters on bottom of case) but i have yet to find a company who makes such a case or will custom build one. Any ideas? A canvas case isnt what im looking for heh. Any ideas anyone?

4. Ill shoot em an email when i get a chance thanks. Its gonna cost me an arm and a leg to get one of thsoe though.

5. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    You usually get what you pay for with flight cases, though. The ones on Ebay are really cheap, but really cheaply made, and offer little if any protection for your gear. A quality case that's actually made to true ATA specs instead of just LOOKING like it is an ATA-spec case will truly protect your gear instead of just making you look cool.

Any of the major case makers will make you a case if you send them the make and model info, they'll even usually research the dimensions for you if you aren't comfortable measuring it yourself.

I've had excellent experience with cabbage cases out of Ohio. www.cabbagecases.com

I also have a 4x10 case made by RoadDawgs out of Nashville that custom-made a case for one of King Crimson's recent tours, but I don't think they have an online presence. I'm sure you can call 411 and get their number. Excellent quality case.
  6. Anyone ever use www.hybridcases.com ? I'm pretty sure I found them via google and they list a lot of options.
  7. Im cool with the costs trust me ive invested about my total life savings into bass gear thus far so im nor afraid of spending some moolah to get the best gear. So all i do is email these companies with the dimensions of the GS412 and they will hit me back with a quote i assume? Do i ahve to speficiy about things such as recessed handles/foam padding inside/front face detachment etc...? Or should i just search the pages for options?

8. I have a case for one of my guitar amps -- it came from http://www.barrycases.com/

It seems very solid. Never flown it, but dragged in & out of a LOT of bars.. and the amp still looks BRAND NEW.
  9. +1.

The ATA cases here. are nice.
  10. BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005

They rock! and they'll make it totally to your specs - I figure it's going to ost a bit to house that thing - you might as well spend a little extra for some bulletproofing and bells and whistles.

11. These are the top of the line in true touring cases. I have 13 of his cases and they have never failed me. I have flown them all over the world for the last 20 odd years and the only thing I have ever done to them is replace one latch on an efx rack and Jan sent me the parts overnight for free!! The cool thing was I had the case for over 10 years and he still did not charge me a cent! You will see his cases all over the map with the names in the know that could afford to buy any case out there. He is not the cheapest and he is not the most expensive. Cases usually take a couple of weeks or so depending on the season and he custom builds each one. He can do ANYTHING that you want to have done to one in just about any color you can come up with if you want a custom color. I have known him for over 20 years and HIGHLY recommend his services!!

I see quite a few starcases out there too and think they are first rate as well....Give Jan a call as the odds are fairly good that he already has the case measurements for your cab as he has no doubt already built cases for them!! Good luck, and remember you ALWAYS get what you pay for...I don't trust my gear to any other case!!