Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A certain B. C. Rich bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jeff2287, Mar 29, 2003.

1. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Sounds like you played a Beast bass.

2. Jeff2287

Jeff2287

May 4, 2002
    I do think it was a beast bass, but where do I get a passive version? I could only find active ones on mf and that's not what I'm looking for.

3. You could always modify it to make it passive, although I really don't see why having a passive bass is such a big deal. I played one of these a few weeks ago and was very impressed. It played very well and shows that BC Rich doesn't deserve all of the criticism they get. It was fairly reasonably priced too.

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i played a one-off bc rich 5 string widow with the seymour duncan soapbars that just KILLED...without even swinging it at anyone...sounded awesome and played great.

5. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    That was probably just a passive Beast.

I love my Warlock. People pigeonhole it as a "metal" bass, but it's just a killer all-around bass. SO punchy, SO thick, cuts through a band really well. It could be fantastic for metal, but I'd use it for any kind of heavy rock, and, believe it or not, funky groovy stuff. It looks sort of like a Beast; similar style, and they sound similar. Mine's passive, but there may be active Warlocks. B.C. Rich deserves a play from anyone who thinks they're just for metal guys.

6. I just wish they made a 5 string Beast Bass, other than the super expensive USA hand made ones. :(

7. I played a Warlock once and I wanted it, but didn't have the money and ended up getting a different 4 string somewhere else and I'm not too happy with it. (it's an Archer) But the place I got it from is a good place to get lessons from (they offer beginer and advanced) because they have a studio and for every three months of lessons they give you an hour of studio time. So I will be taking some advance lessons there, starting when I get some more free time.:meh: I will also probably be getting a Warlock soon, but I also need to get a new(er) car, start looking for my own place (I'm 19 and live with my parents), and I just bought a sword, although it was cheap I also paid for one for my friend who will pay me back when it gets here.