Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A child's epiphany!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Today, when I picked my 9 year old son up from school, he jumped into the car VERY excited. He was yelling, "I know what I want to do when I grow up!"
    Me: "Gee, Jalen what's that?"
    Him: "I wanna play bass! We had a band come to our school today and play. The bass man, was the coolest guy on stage! When he wasn't playing, the music didn't sound as good!"

He made his ol' pappy tear up and well with pride! :bawl: :cool:

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Yes! He didn't go down without a fight, and that damn band was expensive!

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    The coolest part is, that you can lend him one of your basses, and you don't have to shell out for a new bass. :D

4. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Wow, that must be a great feeling, Woodchuck :)

*hums* Nobody looked any finer, or was more of a hit at the parkway diner, we never knew we could want more than that outta life...

5. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Sweet. Coolest thing I've heard today.

6. yeah and in 2 months he will be stealing your gigs and teaching you new tricks of the trade....;)

7. excellent! Start when they're young, we don't need them hanging out with any o' them guit*rist folk!

8. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Bite your tongue, man! Can you think of a better excuse to justify a new bass?

"Hey, Babe--it's for the kid." :D

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    D'OH! Of course!

"But, hon, Jalen NEEDS a new Modulus Genesis. It's for the betterment of his bass playing."

10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Good job on the child rearing Woodchuck! I hope to be so lucky with one of my two.