A choice for one Parker Fly Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chalie, Nov 24, 2004.

1. If your have a choice of receiving one Parker Fly Bass, what strings would you go for, 4 or 5.
    Please voice your openion.
    Thank You
  2. I would get the five. what color are you going to get?
  3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I'll take the 8 string, thank you. With the added carrot boost option, of course.
  4. "RED"
  5. Chalie, get BOTH!!! :)

Definitely get the 5 string. This is BY FAR the slimmest neck profile I have ever played and without a doubt, you will have no problems getting used to it. Due to the exacting competency of its inherent ergonomic construction, it's a VERY balanced 7.5 lbs that feels like 5 lbs. when used in conjunction with a neoprene Comfort Strapp.

Parker's John Page (http://www.parkerguitars.com/code/press/press_display.asp?pressid=35) assisted me a great deal during my purchase process. He is usually at NAMM shows and he can also provide a great wealth of information for you. :)

You can read about my 2 Parkers on my news section at:

Lastly, please feel free to drop me an e-mail at jay@grasstain.com and I'd be more than happy to share additional technical, construction information, customer service level experiences, etc., regarding Parker Guitars.
  6. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers

haha I swear I was gonna say the same thing! Quit stealin' my thunder! LoL
  7. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    i would get a six string, but....you know