Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Clip of a little Jam session

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by mans0n, Mar 30, 2003.

1. mans0n

mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    Well here we go, a friend and me were playin around today, just improvising some different styles and messing around... this is the second time i recorded us.

This time i used a normal boring 15$ computer mic. Used an old Koss M/6 into an soundblaster AWE64, with a demo version of Cool Edit, added hard limit, a tiny bit of EQ and normalized it

this is from about 45mins of playing i think this clip is the best of todays session, i am on bass and the friend is on guitar... no drummer at this session...

Again we were improvising no discussion on tempo key song...or anything other than 'lets try to play some jazz' this was cut out of about a 15min long session from around the middle where we started to get a little tighter... we were trying to get a little jazz feel going, a few messups in here.. but id like to get some opinions about the recording, and the playing (guitar and bass) how is it? what would you change? is there anything you could recomend to change in my recording or our playing?

Thanks in advance!

http://www.depressing.org/cut.mp3

the mp3 is about 1 megabyte and 1min 26seconds in length

2. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    That is really good! Very cool. I don't know exactly what advice I would give you on improving anything, I just wanted to say that you did a good job on this track.

3. mans0n

mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    hey thanks!

i appreciate you saying so ....both of us do? ;-)

4. i really like that. a lot. it's got a nice feel to it. you seem really together. if you could add some drums w/ brushes in the background, it'd be sweet.

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah, drums would add a lot to it, but it's pretty cool as is. What you are doing is pretty gosh darn cool. Guitarist... not so much, In my opinion. His lead was ok, but when he started messing with the rhythm, I wasn't digging it.