Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A clip of me playing bass

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by lesfleanut, Apr 11, 2002.

1. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    Ok, here it is. be warned its not that great of sound quality, but its not bad for a crappy computer recording( I used cool edit 2000). I did this in one take so theres a few screw ups but I don't realy care. Hopefully I will make better ones with my new amp. please listen to this! post your thoughs on it ( good or bad, I need the critisism). I havent been playing for that long (as you can tell from the clip) so try not to be too hard on me.thanks. :)

just click the link to hear it.
    click me

P.S. I know, I know, I totaly ripped off "the awakening" and some guy off of a instructoinal video. I couldnt think of anything else at the moment

P.P.S. I hope this is in the right forum, it said recordings and thats what this is, so here ya go.

2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Man that sounds pretty sweet!! How long did it take you to make or did u do it as u went along?
    Congrats!

3. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    [be warned its not that great of sound quality,

Sounds fine to me.

4. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    Thanks man, I wasnt expecting anybody to realy care. :) It took me as long as it took to play it, all I did was pressed record on the cool edit 2000 program and played. Far from pro but it gets the job done.;)

5. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    80 views and 3 replys(one of them made by me). Nobody likes me...:(

6. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    That's pretty cool actually, I like that ghosted sixteenth thing you're doing, and the timing is pretty good... something you rarely hear at guitar center. You need to get a program like Musicmatch that does mp3 conversions though, WAVs just take way too long to download.

7. That's better than anything I could do, and I've been playing for two and a half years. It sounds really cool.

8. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Sounds good to me!:)

9. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    thanks guys, I was thinking everybody was gonna hate it for being sloppy. Actually ive been playing for 3 or 4 years. I said I havent been playing long because lots of people on this board have been playing alot longer than that.:)

10. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Pretty tasty stuff man. decent recording to. You have pretty good tone especially for going into your comp and not having professional recording gear.

peace,

Jim

11. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    Thank you very much. I didnt realy like the tone in that recording, It didnt sound like me at all(well a little bit. lol). It sounds like my tone trapped in a small box, you guys know what I mean, right? My tone is much fuller in real life. Ive got a little 100 watt 1x15 ampeg combo, It has a realy nice tone but its way to underpowered. the last band I was in I could barly hear myself. Im not in a band right now but im about to purchase a new amp. way more power, so when I do get in a band ill never have that problem again. go to this link to see what im gonna get. click me :cool:

12. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    bass basics!!!

edit: i was totally wrong on the video shout out. is that riff from alexis sklarevsky's (spelling) video? a friend loaned it to me some time ago and i recognize the riff. the sound isn't too bad for going through the computer...

13. That's a relief.:)

14. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    LOL. Thanks. :oops:

15. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    That's pretty sweet dude.

I like your tone, even if it does kind of sound, as you say,

Keep up the good work.

16. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    Thanks guys. All these responces and all of them positive. Thanks for the suport. Ill post more when I get my new amp.:)

17. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    [​IMG]

Jus kidding!!!!

:D

18. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Hey thats a cool sound you got going...you remind me of myself, I used to record myself onto my computer all the time...heh...and more than once would I bust out "the awakening" tis a dope song
    do you have a tremolo/ whammy bar?

19. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    no, for that one harmonic I pressed the string up and down between the nut and the tunning peg. It gives it that whammy effect.:)

20. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    so it does, neat little trick