1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

a combination bass cabinet? how will this sound?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jappy, Dec 8, 2002.

1. jappy

jappy

Nov 22, 2002
    Hey guys...i just bought this Randall bass cabinet off ebay because a lot of you said a 4x12 guitar cab that I have would blow out after about 3 months use. I just bought it tonite, so I dont know how it will sound. What it has is one 15" speaker, one 8" speaker, and a bullet tweeter. The seller said it can handle his 400 wt fender head and more.

It's a Randall Roadwarrior cabinet. I'm just wondering how it will sound with a combination of two different speaker sizes? I'm assuming pretty good?

here is a pic too. Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Are you sure it's a bass guitar cabinet? It looks like a small PA full range cabinet.

3. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    Not that familiar with Randall but with that type tweeter I would say it looks like a bass cab to me. Congrats, that looks like it will be a nice full range cabinet. Let us know how it sounds when you get it. I hope it has casters? :D

4. I've got an SWR triad 1x15-1x10-1xhorn. I like it a lot and the Randall should sound close. Looks like a nice cab.....:D

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    That looks strangely like a PA cabinet to me....