Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

a combination bass cabinet? how will this sound?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jappy, Dec 8, 2002.

1. jappy

jappy

Nov 22, 2002
    Hey guys...i just bought this Randall bass cabinet off ebay because a lot of you said a 4x12 guitar cab that I have would blow out after about 3 months use. I just bought it tonite, so I dont know how it will sound. What it has is one 15" speaker, one 8" speaker, and a bullet tweeter. The seller said it can handle his 400 wt fender head and more.

It's a Randall Roadwarrior cabinet. I'm just wondering how it will sound with a combination of two different speaker sizes? I'm assuming pretty good?

here is a pic too. Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Are you sure it's a bass guitar cabinet? It looks like a small PA full range cabinet.

3. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    Not that familiar with Randall but with that type tweeter I would say it looks like a bass cab to me. Congrats, that looks like it will be a nice full range cabinet. Let us know how it sounds when you get it. I hope it has casters? :D

4. I've got an SWR triad 1x15-1x10-1xhorn. I like it a lot and the Randall should sound close. Looks like a nice cab.....:D

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    That looks strangely like a PA cabinet to me....