1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A cool tab book I found at GC

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by froglips, Apr 2, 2009.

1. froglips

froglips

Feb 9, 2009
    Arizona
    Found this great book at Guitar Center. I think it is called The Bass Players Big Book of Tabs. It basically looks like a white phone book.

The cool thing about this book is that it has so many bass tunes that every bass player should know in it.

The problem is that the person who did the tabbing loves making you stretch to the 5th and 7th frets instead of just moving down a string instead. So you kinda have to know that and change those parts.

Some of the tunes that are in it:
    Sir Duke: Stevie Wonder
    Owner of a Lonely Heart: Yes
    Badge: Cream
    Money: Pink Floyd
    Time: Pink Floyd
    Another one bites the dust: Queen
    That cool Lou Reed song about Roller derby queens or something like that.
    A bunch of Beatles tunes

Check it out. It is only 29 bucks or so.

2. my gf gave me that as a present. It is pretty awesome since it has the actual music notation in it too. I have tiny hands so I automatically started looking for alternate fingerings.

3. conundrum

conundrum

May 10, 2008
    Canada
    You mean "Bass tab white pages"? Or is this something different?

4. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Sounds like the Bass Tab White Pages. Great book with a good variety of tunes in it. It's well worth the price, even though there are a few mistakes in it.

5. jrklmx(Andrew)

jrklmx(Andrew)

Mar 31, 2009
    It's a pretty nice book. I'm borrowing it from a friend and it does have some good bands in it including Nirvana, RATM and Pink Floyd. It's nice because songs are in alphabetical order but every other song is in a different tuning. =(

6. get a fiver :D :bassist:

7. JacoSheehan

JacoSheehan

Apr 13, 2009
    i like those books that have a bunch of classic songs. i have one from hal leonard, i think its called 25 rock bass classics. its good stuff

8. jrklmx(Andrew)

jrklmx(Andrew)

Mar 31, 2009
    Saving up for one.:cool: