a Cort Curbow woohoo!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jammadave, Nov 12, 2003.

1. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Okay, so getting back into bass hasn't been as easy as I thought. I've bought and returned several basses* trying to find this nice crisp basic tone that's in my head. I have stopped shopping for now, sort of. (there are other basses I still want, but not for this purpose)

The Cort Curbow may be cheap, but it nails some of those tones i'm looking for amazingly well (it's incredible with the bass and treb set flat but just a touch of midrange boost! - and the slap switch, with the depth trimpot set for a unity level, adds another dimension entirely).

For those of you looking for inexpensive, this one was $389 brand new with padded gig bag and is the Barolini-pup edition. Can be had for even less online I'm sure.

For those of you looking for light weight - I weighed this on our digital scale last night, SIX Pounds baby!

Now, with this for crisp and clean, and my Blackbird on the way for a rock growl, I'll just rationalize my way to my Queen Bee, and then one for dark, jazzy stuff, and then a..., and a... no, the GAS won't end i'm sure.

[* = Returned my Schecter for unacceptable noise level, probably just a fluke, and returned my Spirit XT2 because of how it hung with the strap joint at the 22nd fret.]

Woohoo! Now, anybody got a foto-walnut body for this, or wanna refinish the Luthite to a better color for me?

Family Photo Soon!
  2. nbw

Nov 10, 2003
    Arlington Texas

I can't wait til my CC6 arrives!!:bawl: