1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A cort GB34a with blocks?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blackmag+c, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Blackmag+c

Blackmag+c

Feb 1, 2007
    Hey, I have a question regarding a gb34a with blocks that I have found in a local music shop. It sounds awesome and all of that but that is not my question.

My question is has anyone got any information on a GB34a with block inlays? As far as I have seen in all the pictures they all have dot inlays. Is this some kind of limited edition?

I know that its not a GB74 because GB34A is printed on the neck. Im thinking about buying it so would be grateful for some info before I spend.
    :hyper:

Cheers
    'magic

2. It looks like you found a one-of-a-kind. I recently got a used GB 34a with a missing pickguard for a great price. It sounds good to me. I don't have info on one with block inlays, but if you like how it sounds, plays, looks, the price is right, AND you have the bread, why not buy it?

You can always get the questions answered later, if you still have questions while you are enjoying the bass.

Anyway, I wouldn't let someone else get your bass while you're doing research.

I know you'll make loads of great music on it.

3. Maybe it was made for the Japan market?

4. Blackmag+c

Blackmag+c

Feb 1, 2007
    It seems like a one of a kind, but I live in a small town in the UK
    It seems hard to believe that somebody here would have a one of a kind bass

I heard tell of a 'limited' GB34a but have never seen visual proof of one.

5. Blackmag+c

Blackmag+c

Feb 1, 2007
    quick bump to see if anyone else has any info.

6. If you check out the catalogue at Cort you'll find that its a current model, nothing proto about it. Sorry.

They seem to come in black and an 'open pore' natural. Nice bass for the money though. Once you get away from the well known brands and all the marketing costs they add to keep them well know brands you'll find all sorts of surprises out there. Take a look at Samick as well. Both Samick and Cort are manufacturers for other brands, so they seem to include all sorts of hybrid clones in their ranges. Don't knock these until you try. You'll find plenty of working musicians using all sorts of non well known brands because it keeps hard earned cash in their pocket or paying the mortgage. Generally its the hobby players who buy the high priced stuff or if they are a player they are so well known they get given a proto. Most workers are using USA Series Fenders, MMs or something similar for the day to day gigs.

7. If I am not mistaken GB-74a uses Alnico V pickups...I have been looking for one for years but they are not in my surrounding market. I found a clip of Jarra Harris of the group Slapbak playing one...recording an Idea as well as playing all the instruments. The clip starts slow but just let it play and you will see why Slapbak is one of the best underrated bands out....

:bag:

8. Blackmag+c

Blackmag+c

Feb 1, 2007
    I bought it, all that time ago. Now....I'd really like to sell it. I've grown to dislike the active nature of the bass and would really like something more fenderish/parts bass.

I got the model number wrong originally. It's actually a GB334a. My question is what it's worth used? It's immaculate.

Sorry for the thread resurrection...