Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A couple bass solos

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mikemike, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Mikemike

Mikemike Miscreant

Jun 18, 2002
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Hey, i just put two solos up on my site, what do you think? They're not really chops-oriented solos, the first one is an exercise in time signatures and the second is an exercise in ... pretty. I used a MTD kingston 5 with an Xciter and just mic'd my amp. I also used a pick on the first tune. The second has a lot of harmonics, especially in the beginning, where I couldn't help but toss in a Jaco quote or two :) I don't really care about my talent level, but what do you think of the composition? Oh yeah, there's some electronica on there too, but who cares.

http://www.soundclick.com/codywestby

Thanks!

2. Mikemike

Mikemike Miscreant

Jun 18, 2002
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
  3. Mikemike

Mikemike Miscreant

Jun 18, 2002
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    I'm gonna go ahead and bump this one last time. Any feedback would be appreciated.

4. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

I really like the... groove? of the walls are thin one. I think it would be really good if you added some sparse drums to it. It's almost a commercial background - type sound, too.