Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A "Couple"(?) of Ken Smiths on eBay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Yggdrasil, Mar 2, 2003.

1. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

uhh...

2. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Aw crap not again. Good catch.

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    I notified ebay (tried at least, didn't find the exact heading I was looking for).

4. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    You're allowed to have two concurrent auctions for the same lot of goods? :confused:

(edited - spelling)

5. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    yeah that doesnt seem right.

is he canadian or american?

6. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Aug 16, 2001
    Toronto/Buffalo
    I'm in Toronto, so I emailed the Ontario seller, asking for his phone # & an inspection of the bass.

Here's his response:

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 8:26 AM
    To: videoimage@sympatico.ca
    Subject: Re: Question for seller -- Item #2512906246

i am not in Canada. i am in Europe. my phone # is 0040745589890

7. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    It's not the same guy. Or, if it is, both auctions are bogus. But I think the original is legit.

8. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I sent an e-mail to both sellers asking for a close up pictue of the body. Let's see which one actually has the bass so a picture can be taken.

9. FYI-I think I may have purchased this bass a few years ago on the digibid website. exact description of woods and history of ordering in personfrom ken smith- same seller location. Seller did not want to sell for digibid price when I won it, said his wife put it on without permission and too much comission for digibid. so we worked out a deal, I sent him the money. he called and said it fell off of the stand and it hurt the neck and he was taking it in to have it fixed. he sent me a full refund. I have seen the bass advertised before on ebay, and each time have written the seller asking if it is the same one, but no reply's yet.

10. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    here's an update. The seller of the auction ending with 9773, e-mailed me and said the other auction had hijacked his auction, but he didn't offer any pictures.

The seller of the suction ending with 6246 said
    " i don't have a scanner but i told you it is in good condition"

I wrote back "you don't have to have a scanner, just use the same digital camera you used to take pictures of it the first time.
    You know, for this kind of money, you think you would be a little more agreeable."

pretty interesting Huh!

11. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    A Hijaak! I never would have guessed it. That's why it pays to make contact with the seller before sending the payment.

12. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    The seller, cornimic@yahoo.com,
    told me his camera is broken.

I wrote back
    "Sure it is":rolleyes:

13. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    The previous high bidder retracted their bid.

I wonder if Ebay has considered letting users start comment threads for auctions? It would be possible to abuse the system I suppose. But a simple link at the bottom of the page from this auction to the original one would be great.

14. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    The original seller has blocked my email address or his email is no longer any good. Has anyone made contact with: poolzt@aol.com ?

15. arose11

arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    same bass sure enough, check out the wood grain, its the same.

16. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I did, he's the one who told me the other seller was the fake, but did not provide me the picture I wanted as proof.

17. LOLHAHAHAHAHALOLHAHAHALOLOLOLOLHAHA :confused:

I'd bet they're both bogus. :mad:

18. jazzcatb17

jazzcatb17

Dec 27, 2002
    Louisville, Ky
    fake or real, still beautiful

19. Just to clarify, I think the auctions are bogus.